My First Muskie (MUST SEE)

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

My First Muskie (MUST SEE)

Post by jig head »

I was offered the chance of a life time last week. It has got to be one of the best days of my life! Imet up with TrophyMuskie friday morning at 8am. Got the boat in the water and we were off. The morning started off pretty slow with no hits, We were trolling, and we did a bit of casting with nothing to show. Later on we still had no hits and did a little luer switch up and almost EXACTLY a minute later WHAMMMM we get a hit. Let me tell all of you i never felt so crazy in my life it was like bringing in a Shark (WELL ALMOST :lol:). This is the beauty I managed to land with the help from trophy muskie.

Thanks SOO much richard. Ihad a blast and an experience i will never forget.

52.5'' long

And Another pic!

Thanks Once again richard it was a blast to fish with you

Hope everyone enjoyed! :lol:
Northamfishing Tackle
DrB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DrB »

Congrats Jig!!!

I got my first miskie too yesterday. Of course, not as big as yours, but it still felt very nice. Especially the adrenaline rush since I was the only one on the boat and wasn't really targeting muskies (I'm still shaking).

They are addictive, huh?

Cheers buddy!
Roberto "DrB" Briones
http://drboutdoors.wordpress.com
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter: @DrBOutdoors
http://www.kaao.ca
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

:lol: bass suck :lol:

kidding!!
Northamfishing Tackle
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

Well done kid, theres something to be proud of for sure!
Rob
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rob »

Good for you (Jig-Head) :) . That's a sweet looking fish... Gotta love those secret bait's
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

jig head,

like it wasn't enough to get your 1st muskie, but you go & get one that's a catch of life time. What an amazing, enormous, memorable muskellunge!

Gosh, jig head, you missed Angling Idol by just a bit -- but it doesn't take a contest to know you deserve a title like that.

CONGRATULATIONS.

(How did the fish release? All go well?)

Take care,

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

jig-heads trophy

Post by Big Jim »

Hey jig-head I am truly happy for you buddy. Wow, what a fish!!!

I know guys that have fished for years and never landed a fish that big. Just goes to show you what a great fishery the Ottawa River is for more than just bass.

You have set the bench mark pretty high right of the bat my friend and I hope your second, third, fourth.......are as much fun.

Abolute Warmest Regards

BIG JIM
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

Good job young man, Bass Suck you do have got that right.

Here is my take on this deal, I decided a lure change was in order before we turn around for another pass. Well within a minute and right in the middle of the turn we get a rip and I mean it was ovious to me this was a big one and I flew from my seat to the rear deck to set the hook and right away the massive headshakes can be felt. I hand the rod over to little Jiggy and tell him to take his time because this was a big girl. I am sure I did not use those exact terms but he understood he was going to land his first muskie.

Well when I troll I never stop or slow the motor down untill we have the situation at hand, this helps keep pressure on the fish avoiding slack line. Well remember me telling we were turning when she hit, well by the time I got to the motor to slow her down we were heading right for shore. So I had to put the boat in reverse telling Jig head to be carefull has we were heading towards the big girl. I back up a few feet then turn the boat sideways to head along the shoreline. I then proceed to make my way to the net, with the top up this can be a chore and it was, as I am doing this all I can hear is (awwwwwwheeeeeeeeeee) this right away made me feel real bad as that is normally what you hear when a client loses a fish. Not this time it was Jig Head's reaction to seeing the big girl for the first time some 15 feet behind the boat. This fish was well hooked and was easilly netted on the first pass, I actually had to cut the rear hook of the lure as it has penetrated the left cheek and the barb was outside of her mouth.

Here is a beautifull shot of his first muskie released.

Great job young man, you did handled that big girl like a pro. May you have many more like that one in the fututre.

It was a pleasure sharing that moment with you, maybe we can do it again at a later time.

Catch and release then all
Richard Collin
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
Fishing Freak
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishing Freak »

Congrats on your MONSTER First Muskie. :shock: :D

May you catch many more, just not that big :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Awesome fish bud! And kudos to Richard for taking you out. May your next 'ski be just as big.

I'll have to check my gear, I think I have one of those sketchy, blacked out Jakes around here somewhere... :?

Good on ya JH :D

bucket
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

Awsome fish Bud! And ya I'll have to pick up one of those tar black Jake's too they work Mint! :wink: :lol:

Cheers,

Rich
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Awesome job Anthony!!!!! That is something you will never forget!!!
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

What a year you have had Jighead! That is a beautiful Musky, well done!
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Kudo's to TM for takin you out and landing that Giant bro!!!!

Hats off Jiggy!!!! Well deserved for the hard work you put forth to angling this year bro!!!!

F.F
Ladyfish
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Ladyfish »

:shock: That is one huge musky! Congrats Jig Head! That is awesome for a first :D