Waders?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
YakFisher
Participant
Participant

Waders?

Post by YakFisher »

Hi folks,

(I'm still drooling over some of the pictures posted here the last few days.... ahhhhhh... keep 'em comin'!!)

Was thinking of picking up a pair of chest waders and noticed that CT has a couple of varieties. Then again, I've also seen the messages about weak line from CT so... :D Anyway, does anyone have any experience with the waders at CT? I believe they're about $70. Would they be OK? Should I spend a little more for better quality (I have no idea about the quality these days; the last time I had a pair, they were thick rubber with several bicycle tire patches on them!) and, if so, where would I be able to find some better ones? I checked out Baitcasters' online store, but didn't see anything.

Thanks and happy fishing!!
DV_8
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DV_8 »

Hi WolfMan,

From my experience I found the neoprene waders to be the best. I've had all kinds of waders from the old heavy rubber types to the rubber coated nylon ones. I found neoprene to be more durable, easier to repair if you get a tare and much more easier to walk in. I also would recomend to get the stocking foot style. That way you can wear whatever type of shoe or boot with them. Sometimes I wear them with running shoes and other times with wading boots. Just my two cents worth! Good Luck.

P.S You can get nice waders at Le Baron for around $120 for a very descent pair.
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Heya Wolfman,

I bought a pair from Walmart, (same brand as CT). They've served me well, the downfalls are; no insulation, so colder water fishing means dressing warmer and you essentially feel like your wearing a big garbage bag so you roast in warmer weather. If you can fork out the bigger bucks, I'd go with a breathable, insulated suit. If you can't, well the CT brand will def do the job. Mine are 4 yrs old and I've yet to have to patch them.
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

I've got the same ones as Kpin... been using them 2 years and still no leaks... he's right when he mentions you have to dress warmly if entering the water in the fall... longjohns and jogging pants are a minimum or you'll freeze your jibblies off. But for the price they can't really be beat. Breathables are the way to go though if you're gonna get a lot of use out of them.

bucket