Renegade results

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Renegade results

Post by JP »

Hi all. Renegade bass had it's first kick off today on Mississippi lake with a full feild of 85 boats. Was a great day on the water, even though the fishing was tough at best. Hats off to the Renegade executive and shore staff for making it all run smoothly and to Lake Park for hosting the event.
The morning was calm and warm as the 85 teams gathered for the blast off.
We were # 62 and it took about 30 minutes for us to blast off after the first team left at 7 am.
Fishing was tough, but we managed to get our limit by 9:30am so we went looking t up size our bag. My partner Jason hit a nice 3lb bucket off a weed flat on a Wave worm and I hit a 3lb bucket later in the day on a rice bed so we were doing alright because no one else seemed to be having any luck finding any fish.
At the weigh in we all gathered taking our turns bringing fish up to the stage. Jason and I were pleased to find out that our bag was 12.32lbs put us into 21st out of 85 teams.
Congrats to Gambler Steve and partner Trevor for winning the event with 16lbs and change. Great work boys and well deserved.
Look for Renegade on saturday at the Rockland Boat launch.
cheers
JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Nice job boys!!

Congrats Steve and Trevor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Birdee and I made it down to the weigh in today... :)

Great to see Gambler Steve win today.....Steve's my old fishin buddy and seeing him get cheques after what I know he's put into it....well I think it's well deserved!

We couldn't decide what there was more of down there today.....horsepower.....or testosterone... :lol: :lol: :lol:

RJ
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

ATTA BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTG Trev, and Steve!!!!!!!!!!!

Trev, welll..................................................Ya know :lol:

Awsome show to all, I was @ a lake in PQ this weekend, but was glad to see me bro's put a big bag in!!!!

T.L F.F
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

21st out of 85 is certainly a good finish JP. Good job.

Congrats to GS and company.
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

JP, well done.
G-Steve, weller done.

Me thinks I'll be fishing somewhere else besides Rockland next weekend. :(

Good luck fellas.

M.T. Livewell
MichaelVandenberg
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MichaelVandenberg »

Good congrats to Steve and Trevor...

Good job JP. On a tough day 12+ lbs is very good on Mississippi Lake. Next hopefully the first spot we were both fishing produce more fish :).

Fishing was tough as the big fish were tough to get. Mississippi Lake has a lot of bass in it. Too bad most of the fish are between 1-2 lbs.

Richard (Nighttroller) and I manage to weigh-in 11.36 lbs. Good for 30th place. The weight surprised us as we thought we didn't have 10 lbs. Nice bonus to have after a tough day. We had our limit by 10 am with four fish coming off wave worms and dingers and one off a plastic frog. We ended up culling 3 of these fish throughout the day by fishing tubes in deeper water.

All-in-all it was a fustrating day as most of our spots didn't produced as we hoped (ain't that always the case). I am just glad we are still in the running for the Classic.

Can't wait till Saturday on the Ottawa.

Cheers,

Mike
Gordo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gordo »

Congrats Steve and Trevor! Job well done. Must be those tubes eh Steve? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Gordo
Gord

NPAA#553
GamblerSteve
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Thanks

Post by GamblerSteve »

Thanks everyone Trevor and I are just as surprised. We were in panic mode until about 12:30. We had that 12 pound bag just like everyone else until we figured them out. Sorry Gordo can't say it was the tubes this time I think they seen way to many things flipped at them from Friday and Saturday. But the 4" Salty Stix now that's a different story! Most of are better fish came off the Salty Stix, thanks Trevor and a couple came off the "Money Bait" RJ you know what that is! :wink: So now Trevor and I can't wait to get to the Mighty Ottawa we have a little revenge from last year!

Steve
Last edited by GamblerSteve on Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Money Bait?.....I'll never tell.... :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike the 'Tender
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mike the 'Tender »

Way to go boys!

I was fishing the Mississippi River at Mississippi Mills and the water was very, very high. The fishing was modiocre at best. To hear 16+ lbs being pulled out of there...my hat goes off to you.
Cracker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Cracker »

Congrats to everyone! Nice to see all those Hawkers involved! 8)
Fishquest
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishquest »

Great pictures. Congrats on the 21st place finish.

Mike
BENLEGER
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BENLEGER »

1st place is a great way to start the year, congrats Steve and Trevor! We brought 9.52 lbs to the scales......i hope the Ottawa serves us better!
See you all saturday and good luck to all
Ben