Caught my first muskie!!!!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Tony »

Congrats on your first Muskie!! Next time you see him take a bite out of him and see how he likes it! Where were you fishing??
something_fishy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Blair

Post by something_fishy »

Off the blair launch in gloucester between the 2 duck islands. I was just casting into the shore amongst the weeds. I was using a spook puppy.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Phew.....I thought we had lost Somethin-Fishy to infection from musky bites.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doin ok SF?

RJ
something_fishy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Seem to be

Post by something_fishy »

Well, I seem to be fine, except for the strange flipper thingy growing out of my butt crack!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Healed over niceley though, no problems.

Took Chuckles out the other day down by the same spot, lots of big hits and 2 hook ups , but were not able to bring anything in. I got the anchor stuck on an old tree stump and had to jump overboard to undo the darn thing, Chuck got a kick out of that. No fish, but good day nonetheless.

Lots of good Pike fishing along the edges at duck island. They really seem to to like white things, small cranks, divers and topwater work well. The weed beds are really starting to fill in too. Just got to watch out for the submerged tree stumps, they are huge, some 3 feet in diameter!! They are all about 1 to 3 feet under the surface, and when there is a bit of wind, the water ripples and you can't see them at all!

Chris