Caught my first muskie!!!!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
scuro
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scuro »

Congrads on the Muskie bite
Muskie 1
something-F 0
At least you have had a Muskie bite you. lol I'm more worried about the muskie.

So how did your unprotected fingers get in it's mouth? That seems like a basic mistake.
...anything to bend the rod
Fishing Freak
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishing Freak »

Gongrats on your First muskie.
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

did ya get a picture at least? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

bucket
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

No tetanus, no nothing. If it starts to look or feel infected then it probably is. Until that time, keep anything that's open clean, and covered if you want. A topical antibiotic can be applied for paranoias sake, do it 3 to 4 times a day if you like.

Congrats on da feeesh.
Netman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Netman »

Aren't tetnus shots given if you get a cut from rusty metal???
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

First of all, congratulations on catching your first musky, something_fishy. I remember mine like it was yesterday.

You have already been offered plenty of good advice, but if you're in the mood for a little first aid tip, let me offer this.

I had an encounter with a catfish in May. He gave an almighty flip and one of his spiny things ripped the palm of my hand between thumb and forefinger and went deep. Pretty bloody.

A little ingenuity was required or I was gonna have to be air-lifted out of Appleton, sort of, not really, but we didn't have a bandaid.

That's when I learned an ordinary white sports sock and electrical tape can be your best friend.

Take it from me... fishing ain't for the squeamish!

:lol: :lol:

Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Netman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Netman »

Hey FH. My Great uncle always told me, If u get horned from a cat or bullhead u r supposed to rub it's belly on the wound. Never tried it though. never horned.

steve
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Ouch Fishhawk...I read about the great sport sock saver...did that little sucker really cause that much damage?
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

FH that really begs the question..... Who's sock was it????? Was it a spare pair? or did someone's footsy go nekkid?
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

Tetenus(if thats how u spell it) shot for sure bud, I got in afight about 10 years ago and buddy fish hooked me :lol: :lol: anyway needed a tetanus shot the doc thought bud had rabies! :lol: :lol: Next time u fish for pike or muskie just put on one of those butcher gloves or fileting gloves then u got nada to worry about!
:wink:
Cheers,

MH
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Filleting gloves are for filleting... Previous post said that a hook will go thru the glove and in your hand then good luck taking out the hook!!!!
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Gordo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gordo »

Hey SF congrats on the first Musky (it must have been your 10,000th cast) :D :D :D :D

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Clean it, wrap it and keep an eye on it. If it starts to get real swollen then head to the doctor. The Musky I caught this week got me on my index finger as well and it's doing fine.

Gordo
Gord

NPAA#553
ady
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ady »

remember what happened to Peter Parker, if you find yourself chasing flashy spinny things get help.

new handle maybe - Muskyman
trapperdirk
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by trapperdirk »

Well I've been bitten,stomped,gored and scratched by just about everthing that walks or swims at one time or another and I am still here . You'll live .

TD
Rob
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rob »

"Tis but a flesh wound"... A little polysporyne, and you will be a good as you ever been :) ... We all get a boo-boo every now and again, did'nt your mother ever tell you not to play with sharp objects :lol: ... Keep it covered during the day with a good coat of polly, and let it air out at night so it can dry up... I alway's carry crazy glue for just such a ocation, it work's like a charm :shock: :) I have never gotten an infection from it, and there is no sting.... You can keep fishing and not even known that you cut yourself... I've asked my doctor about it, and with a smile he said that he would not recomend it but only because he can't.... He has used it himself a few times :shock: ...

Good one ady.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: