My 4 day fishing visit with Boomer

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

My 4 day fishing visit with Boomer

Post by Markus »

My youngest brother Broomer flew in from Halifax last Thursday morning to join me on the water for a 4 day fishing adventure. I picked him up at the Hamilton airport Thursday at 10:45am and we went straight to the lake.

Thursday Evening
First stop was the Nanticoke Outflow for Silver Bass. I was pleased to find they were in there thick and an evening of fishing was kicked off with numbers he's never experienced before. We kept 67 big silvers to clean up and released many more. Keeping the smallies off was a chore also and we stopped counting them after 100. Boomer also boated his first sheephead of the weekend and his expresion was priceless....glad I caught it on camera. :lol:

Boomer - Nanticoke Outflow White Bass

Boomer - Nanticoke Outflow Drum

Me - Nanticoke Outflow White Bass

Friday
Time to hit the big water. We launched out of Port Dalhousie and headed out 7 miles off the Niagara River. We got right into them. As soon as we we set the 4th line, the downrigger popped and Boomer was into his first fish....Chinook. I can't remember numbers, but Boomer boated some coho's, chinooks and 1 small brown. The brown was funny because 2 rods went off and I told him the rods were all his, so he had to land 2 fish...1 coho and 1 brown. He got em both!

Boomer - Lake ON Chinook

Boomer - Lake ON Coho

Boomer - Lake ON Coho & Brown

Saturday Morning
We drove down to Lake St Clair to try our luck for a muskie. We arrived at the Lighthouse Cove Marina on the South end of the lake and was meet by an extremly muddy lake. We talked to the marina and they said it wasn't the best conditions, but if we wanted to go out and have a look and decided to stay, we could pay when we come in. We launched and it was a mess. Floating weeds everywher and we couldn't keep a line clean. We decided to try something else.

Saturday Afternoon
After deciding to pack it in on St Clair, we motored south to Erieau, Lake Erie and decided to try for some steelehead. Conditions were perfect and the lake was calm. We saw 4 rainbows on the surface, but couldn't get one to take. We put in a honest effort and come 8 pm, all we had were 3 drum in the boat. :?

Sunday Morning
Boomers call.....back to Lake ON for more salmon! Good call seeing how he had to be to the Hamilton Airport for a 4pm flight home. We launched out of Port Weller and were met by a brisk East wind. :? We motored out to our starting point and once again...got right into them! Pat Kirby from Tall Tales joined us out there as well as Whisky. We eneded up with 17 chinooks, 5 cohos and 1 big 15.5lb brown. Salmon were on the average a lot smaller then what I've been seeing out there (10lbs and less), but a lot of fun none the less.

Sorry no Sunday pics. :oops: Pulled the camera out to find the shutter open and a dead battery. :cry: Boomer has some on a disposable that I'll post later.

He got on the plane with a duffle bag full of fish :lol: and smiling ear to ear. We had an awesome 4 days together and he's already planning a return visit. :lol:
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Mark, you guys had agreat couple of days. Must have been nice to spend them with your brother!
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

Wow!!! What a great story!! And what gorgeous fish!

Sooooooooooo when can I go fishing with ya buddy!! :P :P
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

You and your brother must have been blessed by King Neptune himself!

Incredible catches; fantastic pics, Markus.

I imagine your bro will be getting his RDA of Omega 3 over the next few weeks!

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Now that is what you call a AWSOME weekend.....way to go Markus, and Boomer...Mark was it Boomer at the basket ball game, watching a buddy of yours play....I was thinking of that story the other day, still makes me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

That's the way to treat a brother :!:

Great job Bro :!: :lol: :lol:
Hoss
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hoss »

Great Report Markus, Its good to see the numbers with the salmon. White Bass look like a riot too. A good trip with the bro. :D
Gordo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gordo »

Wow! What a report. Congrats on the great weekend. Good to see you posting again.

Gordo
Gord

NPAA#553
Ladyfish
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Ladyfish »

:D Congrats on your awesome weekend trip with brother! Fantastic pics :D
jammer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jammer »

Big-O hahaha i remember that story too!!! Not sure if it was Boomer or Stick... too much!!

Mark nice results for your bro... we need to get out soon!!! I have 17 days off in July so lets go get em!!!
dana
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

white bass + fishing episode

Post by dana »

those are big big white bass
good photo...
good fish
good food

thanks marcus
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

Great report Mark,been waiting for that one. Please ignor my PM,.
Legend
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Sweet

Post by Legend »

:) Very Nice... I see you gave your brother a good case of "the Woolies" :lol: Pat Kirby aka. "Big man" was thinking about getting hats made up with something like... "I've been Drum-ed" or "I've been Woolied" for his charter service.... Nice.

Too bad about the Muskies though. I've heard St.Clair can be hit or miss with the water quality (weeds).

So how do you top that 4 day adventure the next time Boomer comes to town?!

:) Legend
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by skooter »

:D :D :D :D

Great report Mark, .... :wink:

don't see no sibling rivalry there.... :lol:

Glad to see you managed to get on the fish for him too...

So how much of that fish made it to the dinner table while he was here....? :lol: :wink:
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Has anyone recruited Boomer for the Fish Lips yet?!

Nice weekend ya lucky buggars. Congrats!!!

M.T. Livewell