Charleston Lake Report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Astro-Mike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Astro-Mike »

great pics guys....
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

Well I just got back from Charleston as well. Fish were scattered all over. We caught fish from 35-80 ft down. Sunday am was far the best we found one spot where the Lakers were tight to bottom in 70ft. Running the riggers down to 70ft we boated 13 fish in less than one hour.

No giants this weekend but some nice sized eaters for sure, Another week or two of this hot weather and the lakers will really start to school up tight. I can't wait...!!! 8)
Hoss
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hoss »

Nice Lakers guys.
I see you've got that kicker mounted up to the main motor. Nice job. Is it working OK?
Northern King
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Northern King »

Just returned from Charleston with MonsterHunter and a friend of ours. We had a great weekend of lakers. I was up early on Saturday morning out on the water by 6. Caught 4 lakers with in the first 45min to hour of trolling. Our biggest of the weekend were 9.3lbs, 6.3lbs and 4lbs. We were trolling at about 35' to 55' in 50 to 250 FOW. Using leadcore rods and mostly spoons and gang trolls with minnow. It was an awesome weekend of fishing thats for sure. :D :D
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Hopefully the zoo will be calmed down by next weekend... :lol: :lol:
Northern King
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Northern King »

RJ,
I don't think it will be too bad by then. There was alot less boats on the water today compared to on Saturday.
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

We had a blast out there! Couldn't have asked for a better opener! Congrats to all! I do have pics but considering my comp illiteracy and crap computer who know when you'll see em?? :wink: :lol: Hopefully soon Bigfish;s 9.3 was a beauty, he also got another hit late saturday eve I was watching the rod almost ripped out of his hands into the water!!

Cheers,

MH
DV_8
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DV_8 »

Hi Hoss,

The "link" is working great! The guys at work made it for me. Two quick connects and all stainless steel rod and fittings. Better than the one I saw at the store. It's great to have friends who are machinists. :D Cheers!