My thoughts on all these OOS pics

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Buddy I have no idea what you are talking about....
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

"blank".....meaning "fill in the blank yourself"
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I honestly did not know what he was trying to say.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fighting15
Participant
Participant

Post by Fighting15 »

Maybe it is just me but I understand it....the argument over posting of the OOS fish is just like what the better fish is to catch, (I used muskie and bass as my example) everyone will have their own opinions, and both will have their points....but no one is right it is all a matter of what you believe and practice...

And I m not about to say bass or muskie is better then the other hence why i put the word "blank" there

It is like arguing with your wife, even when your right...your still wrong... :shock:
Fighting15
Participant
Participant

Post by Fighting15 »

Markus has been reading my posts long enough to know...thanks LOL
DV_8
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DV_8 »

I totally agree with ya Bucketmouth. I caught a 48" musky last Saturday morning while fishing for walleye. Now, if that's not an incidental catch I don't know what is. After reeling in the fish my buddy took a quick snapshot and I immediately released the fish an it swam away with no problems. I do agree that if you are catching bass after bass while fishing for pike then you should relocate fishing spots. But in certain cases I think it's just a fluke to catch an OOS fish. I was going to post the pic but I thought of all the crap about posting OOS fish so I didn't. And yes, I am tired of seeing this subject beaten to death. Just my two cents! :roll:
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Fighting15 wrote:Maybe it is just me but I understand it....the argument over posting of the OOS fish is just like what the better fish is to catch, (I used muskie and bass as my example) everyone will have their own opinions, and both will have their points....but no one is right it is all a matter of what you believe and practice...

And I m not about to say bass or muskie is better then the other hence why i put the word "blank" there

It is like arguing with your wife, even when your right...your still wrong... :shock:
Gotchya..and I have to agree..LOL..at least I understand now... :shock:
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

Bacon you say Bass I say Musky were both right but we could argue to no end! There is only our opinion, for the record Chinook!
Fighting15
Participant
Participant

Post by Fighting15 »

Good glad to hear after all that we agree and I m understood....I am tired so for all I know none of it made any sense anyway....
Last edited by Fighting15 on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bass is what I fish for mostly but I have never really given any thought to what is the better fish....They are all just fish.... :wink:
QuakerOatz
Participant
Participant

Post by QuakerOatz »

So tell me this isn't butt backwards:

I read about 200 posts during the last two weeks about how many people vehemently oppose even taking pics of OOS bass.

Then I open the latest In FIsherman to the article,
TROLLING FOR PRESPAWN SMALLIES

And they even talk about cooking them up! Do they give fileting instructions about how to remove the eggs too? Would you like some more egg sauce on you prespawn smallie?

Sorry to make you cringe, as I did when I read these US mags who legally ignore a fishes' spawning cycle. Don't forget grabbing, which is ripping a trophy out of her nest full of eggs to fry her up! . But I just want to point out that just 80+ miles south of Toronto, people are frying spawning bass up. I completely oppose year round open seasons for anything, and think all species should be afforded some protection during spawning.

I just wanted to remind some of how opposite the practices are just south of us.
Michael
Participant
Participant

Post by Michael »

Very interesting point QO. Where would you rather fish?

Values, mores and ethics can certainly change when you cross a border.

Even further south...in Bolivia, I observed signs on all of the x-country busses asking passengers to please discard all of their garbage out the window (rather than leave a mess on the bus!) Passing these busses on the perilous Andean highways was made all the more interesting by airborne melon rinds, disposable diapers and beverage containers.

[sort of off-topic - sorry Cassie]
Iceman
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Iceman »

:(
Last edited by Iceman on Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well and truly hooked!
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

re

Post by BBRich »

Catching musky takes no skill whatsoever.

(Just had to get the B@stards back who said bass take no skill :lol: :lol: )
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

Give me a break Iceman.....I don't like whats being said so therefore I'm gonna post that I won't be posting anymore and I'm only gonna lurk.

I guess somebody made you click on this thread and wade through 3 pages of posts so you'd be informed before you put up your own post.