My thoughts on all these OOS pics

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Michael wrote:It's troubling to many people who post here. We'll never know how many people visit this site once and leave for ever after seeing OOS fish celebrated in photographs.
But doesn't it also make you wonder just how many people join/lurk and THEN LEAVE due to all the self righteous bullsh*t being spread like gospel. Everyone's opinion counts for sure... if Hawk and Bobber want to make it a rule not to post OOS fish pics then so it will be. I for one will respect the rules of the board if they do change. It will not however stop me from snapping a quick pic of a big fish because there is nothing illegal about doing so.

My opinion is if people are going to perpetually bring this topic up over and over again, they should cc: the post to the MNR and maybe one day the MNR will take a stance on this issue and do something about it. But for now, it is not mentioned in their regulations and harping on and on about this subject just gets tiring after a while.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

bucketmouth wrote:
Michael wrote:It's troubling to many people who post here. We'll never know how many people visit this site once and leave for ever after seeing OOS fish celebrated in photographs.
But doesn't it also make you wonder just how many people join/lurk and THEN LEAVE due to all the self righteous bullsh*t being spread like gospel. Everyone's opinion counts for sure... if Hawk and Bobber want to make it a rule not to post OOS fish pics then so it will be. I for one will respect the rules of the board if they do change. It will not however stop me from snapping a quick pic of a big fish because there is nothing illegal about doing so.

My opinion is if people are going to perpetually bring this topic up over and over again, they should cc: the post to the MNR and maybe one day the MNR will take a stance on this issue and do something about it. But for now, it is not mentioned in their regulations and harping on and on about this subject just gets tiring after a while.

Now this was well said :!: You read my mind.....As short a read as that was :!: :wink:
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

lets stop all the arguing and get back to the fishin talk :wink: I have pike waiting for me
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Atta boy Bucket!!!!!

Al that needs to be said!

F.F
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

wtg bucket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Johnny Bass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Johnny Bass »

I'd have to say that talking a picture of a OOS bass in my opinion is not a crime.

I have caught a few bass this year and have not taken any except one that may be close to 5 lbs. its a beautiful fish and should be appreciated. Yet I condemn people that clearly target bass.

I think this guy bass 444 should not be banned but I think he was out of line calling people rookies. Although I did not take it personally, it did show that he did not have respect for his fellow fish-hawkers. I hope after this that changes.

I also think it was great that people jumped on the post, not singling out Bass 444 but to educate other people that may be reading the posts. Targetting bass out of season is absolutely wrong. I admit I was one of those kids that used to smash them on the weed beds, but didnt know any better. BUT if you are an adult, you should know better.

Why dont we just have a vote on it? I think it should be ok to post OOS bass pics. But if the person is constantly posting pigs, or numbers, then you know he is targetting them. If I catch 1 I move well off thast spot.

In the last few years in the spring, I wil not fish less than 8 FOW. If you are fishing a shoreline and it is a shallow flat(under 5 feet), you can bet the bass are spawning there. Its as simple as that.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

In the last few years in the spring, I wil not fish less than 8 FOW. If you are fishing a shoreline and it is a shallow flat(under 5 feet), you can bet the bass are spawning there. Its as simple as that.
I question that one Johnny....I fished for 7 hours today.....in water no deeper than 4 feet......throwing cranks and spinners.....not a bass in sight....

RJ
grumpy7790
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Bass

Post by grumpy7790 »

Ahhh lets see, voted in the Top 35 of the Greatest Anglers of All Time, Mr. Shaw Grigsby has made over $1,250,000 bed ripping spawning bass. In fact he is known as the best sight fisherman of all time, something he is proud of.

LOL, and who said there is "No Skill" to catching spawning bass.

Here is PA bass have adopted to human pressures during the spawn. They tend to spawn in deeper better protected waters. When shallow the fish are very spooky and lock jawed. Overtime, I guess mother nature takes over and they adjust.

I myself don't agree with breaking the law or OOS fish photos. Actual I really don't even like the daily milk-run photos of average fish.

Just food for thought,

G [/img]
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

I don't know RJ. I don't want to talk for johnny but what he said is true on some waters. Bigger water like the Ottawa or St Lawrence are pretty diverse and bass can avoid carp while spawning. You can fish for Carp and never see a bass.

Aren't carp this time of the year are in muck while LM bass usually spawn over a cleaner bottom?

Down here both LM and SM often spawn in pencil reeds and sand. I think thats what he was eluding too. Catching smallies happens but once they are spawning its pretty easy to avoid them. You can tell by the look of the place whether there is bass there or not. Usually its a slow tapering shoreline or big flat with lots of rubble and under 7/8 feet and you really have no business being there. There are no pike/walleye or carp, gar or catfish there.
Fighting15
Participant
Participant

Post by Fighting15 »

The Admins should do what they have done on some of the good boards out there and when the topic is brought up, as it seems to draw much attention and much in the way of heated debate when in fact it is like yelling into an echo chamber no side is right or wrong as mention it is a grey area, and no one can prove the one holding the OOS fish is poaching then the topic should be locked as soon as it comes up...

Just a thought.....
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

What I'm alluding to.....is the fact that every situation is different.....so making a hard and fast rule of not fishing water less than 8 feet of water in my mind is never going to happen with me.....

If I'm in 15 feet of water....I am in deep water..... :lol:

RJ
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Fighting15 wrote:The Admins should do what they have done on some of the good boards out there and when the topic is brought up, as it seems to draw much attention and much in the way of heated debate when in fact it is like yelling into an echo chamber no side is right or wrong as mention it is a grey area, and no one can prove the one holding the OOS fish is poaching then the topic should be locked as soon as it comes up...

Just a thought.....
Some of the good boards?????????????????? :?

As stated by Bobber it is being looked at very closely...Guys just be patient. He and Fish-Hawk are seriously looking at this....Patience folks!

Thanks guys :D
Fighting15
Participant
Participant

Post by Fighting15 »

okay some of the other boards...I think we can all agree that this is an argument with no real winners...just like is bass a better fish then muskie...every one knows that it is the blank hands down!!
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

every one knows that it is the blank hands down!!
I may be out in left feild... :lol: :lol: :lol:
What does this mean?? :? :?
Fighting15
Participant
Participant

Post by Fighting15 »

Are you kidding! you think I would post what fish is better then the other!! man that is like begging to be fought with....