Fishing report May 19&21

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Johnny Bass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Fishing report May 19&21

Post by Johnny Bass »

Well decided to go try some shore fishing thursday. Did all my Usual spots. And did not even get a hit. Avoided all the Bass spawning areas. Went to a secret little spot of mine. On the 3rd cast had a 2-3 lb Walleye follow my spinner bait.

Last minute turned around and swam away. I noticed the white tip on the tail. Tried to get it to bite with no luck. I had worms with me because I was targetting Channel cats latter in the evening. Tried for a bit and did not even get a nibble.

Then a boat came and my floating worm container disappeared. I tried to go under the dock with my net to see if it sank and then my net got stuck. I was freeking out. Finally I got it free. Now I cant go Channel cat fishing at night. Another boat comes buy and my Container appears. It was lodged under a the dock still floating.

.. After that, Caught a few pike, all under 1lb. And a smallie about 1 lb. Nothing else.

The baby black flies really did a number on me. I had mini chunks of meat missing with blood. Decided to leave and go for channel cats.

Went to Waubashene dock and caught nothinmg but a few bull heads all night. (till 11:30) Was very disappointing.

Then me and my dad took the boat out on Saturday to Georgian bay. Things are picking up. I caught 4 pike. 1) dink. 2) 28incher+ 5.5 lbs 3)28 inch 4.4 lbs. 4) 27 inches 3.5lbs. I also caught a large mouth that was almost 4 pounds. My dad only caught a smallie (1lb) and said a huge pike followed.

The 5.5 lb pike was way larger than the 5.3 pound pike my dad caught last week. Do dead fish weigh less than living fish???When I hooked the 4 lber it was swimmind around with a much larger pike. Could they still be in spawning mode???

I had about 10-15 follows so fishing is definately picking up. 2 small pickeral. a few pike, a gar pike, a few smallies, and 1 approximately 8lb Musky in port severn. Water temperature is now 65 degrees. Up 10 degrees from last week.

Strange enough, most people I spoke with couldn't find pike. So it still is a bit slow.

Buy next week they will be really smashing them. When My shirt comes off, then you know the fishing will be great.lol

I caught all my fish on a spinner bait. My dad hooked his smallie on a spoon. The secret was go slow. If I were have gone slower I would have boated more fish. But My rod that i use for slow rolling was broken accidentally by my dad that day. I just fixed it yesterday. And mY dad is still using my other rod.

Most fish were caugt in 8FOW in heavy weeds.