Info on fishing White Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Lovefishing33
Participant
Participant

Info on fishing White Lake

Post by Lovefishing33 »

Hi I just registered today to Fish Hawk and want to start of by saying that this is a great site

I was curious about the fishing in white lake - lanark county is there a good population of smallmouth and largemouth bass?

Just wondering because I was looking on leaving my boat on a lake which offers decent fishing for both species right now as it stands my boat is on white lake but I have never fished there.

Thanks
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

yes, there are even some six pounders caught yearly. Ive only been once ever caught 6 1-2 and a half pound largies and a mess of perch. Give her a shot
-yung
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

Welcome to the board Lovefishing33.

White lake is a great largemouth fishery. It has something for everyone, great top water action, frog mats, weed flats, drop offs, etc... . There has been many big fish caught on the lake in the past few years including a 7lber and many in the 6's.
As for samllies, not sure but who cares when you have a great largemouth fish factory there :wink: :lol: .
Cheers
JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
FlyingDutchman
Participant
Participant

Post by FlyingDutchman »

Hi Lovefishing33

They are some good size smallies on White Lake. I've seen a picture of a 6lber and I caught smallies in the mid 3 to 4 lb.

FlyingDutchman
pieter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by pieter »

Welcome to the sight

pieter
Relic
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Relic »

Welcome aboard :D

White Lake is a good bass fishery, used to fish ther quite a bit as a kid. Lots of good sized largies, my dad has a beat up mount of a 7.5 from many years ago.

Also has some good smallies, I've caught most of my smallies down towards the narrows, heading towards white lake itself.

Used to catch lots of nice pike in there too, but havent heard of any giants out of there in some years now.

Good fishin :)
Lovefishing33
Participant
Participant

Thanks for the great welcome to the site

Post by Lovefishing33 »

I appreciate the info guys and if you ever need any info on some other lakes let me know I was on a few lakes last year when I decided to go on a fish searching quest and discovered many great spots :wink: :D

Places include Rideau River, Cananto Lake, Robertson Lake, Silver Lake, Ottawa River, Crotch Lake etc..

Take it easy and thanks again