Having no friends really sucks!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
something_fishy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Having no friends really sucks!!!

Post by something_fishy »

Fairly new to Ottawa, from Halifax, don't know anyone yet, friendless, no fishing buddies. :cry:

I have noone to get excited with me about fishing! :cry:

My wife hates fishing, my dogs jump out of the boat and attack the moving prop, and I can't even talk my cat into leaving the house!!!

I need fishing friends to go fishing with, I live in Ottawa, right next to Orleans..........help me.............I'm dying................... :(
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I'm from the Annapolis Valley, so if you brought a case of Schooner with ya, I can assure you you'll have 1 friend for life. :lol:
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

Bye the way if no one has mentioned it, welcome aboard.

There are several on the board that are in your neck of the woods. Someone will help you out soon.
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

Hey welcome abord. I live in orleans and would not mind to hook up sometime to do some fishing. Do you know where petrie island is?? Well i could meet you down there PM me when you want to go. 8) 8) 8)
Northamfishing Tackle
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Now that people are starting to get out more keep an eye open for those boaters asking for fishing partners... you're more than welcome to tag along sometime when i go out.

I don't mind being the middle mad for markus... although he may get a case missing a few bottles :wink: :lol: :lol:

Oh and welcome to the board.
Coyote
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Coyote »

hey something-fishy you have a pm. 8)
crash
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by crash »

Hey something_fifhy welcome to the mainland.
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

Ever hear of Victoria Beach?

If you have there is a spot in my boat for ya!

Ok if not then New Annan is close enough :D
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Welcome, Something Fishy!

As you can see, I'm not exactly around the corner. :wink: And yet, I have managed to meet quite a few Hawk Talkers and hope to fish with many more in the future. So I just know you'll be able to have the same pleasure!

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

I'm booked up for the weekend, but we'll definitely have to hook up. I moved here from Hfx myself 2 years ago. Saskette was born and raised in the West end - you'll ove this site: every fishing spot I know in E Ontario except one is at least indirectly related to FishHawk.net
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

We are love fishing!!! Welcome to the family!
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Mr Fishy, you've got 1600 friends you just haven't fished with yet. :D But soon enough.
Since you've got the boat, start throwing out the invites. I can all but guaranty you will never fish alone again. 8)

Welcome to the crazy house.

M.T. Livewell
Tomcat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Tomcat »

something_fishy:

Finding suitable partners might be better facilitated if we all knew a little more about your fishing preferences. For example, for what species do you prefer to fish? What days are you normally available to go fishing? Do you have a preferred age bracket for your partners? Just some suggestions.
Karack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Karack »

Something_Fishy - Welcome aboard!!

I'm an Maritimer as well (PEI) but I live in Kanata now. I'm up for a fish anytime that you feel the need for some company - just shout out!

Markus - How many times do I have to tell ya that ALPINE is THE beer from back home :lol:

Although being my Derby Captain and all I'll consider bringing you back a case when I'm home in July.

Cheers!
something_fishy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

I hate trolling!!

Post by something_fishy »

Thats about the only type of fishing I don't do. I think its a waste of gas, hard on the motor and it's freakin boring, but that's just my opinion, no knocks to those who like doing it.
I enjoy fishing for walleye, panfish(pumpkinseed in particular), pike and bass(but only topwater)
I also enjoy fly fishing, but don't usually do it from the boat.
I keep certain types of fish once in a while, but only pumpkinseed and walleye.
I'm 30 years old and pretty much would like someone to fish with in my age bracket (late 20's to late 30's) who is mature, preferably non-smoking. I don't drink or smoke or do drugs, so I do not like to have any of it done in my presence. I don't go out fishing for extended periods of time like 4 or 5 hours, I am happy with 2 to 4 hour fishing trips, like evenings or mornings, but I defenitely am not one of those who go for a whole day.
I'm retired from the military and have all sorts of time on my hands, but I do have the job of dropping off and picking up my wife from work on weekdays, so it limits me. Evenings are fine as well as weekends, but
I can't go every weekend of course, have to put time in with the woman too.
So, if your boatless and wanting to go out on a boat and as long as you don't mind being seen in a boat that looks like it should be at the bottom of the Ottawa river, then your more than welcome to fill up the bow seat of my boat. PM me and we can set up something.

Chris