May 15th FULL REPORT

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

May 15th FULL REPORT

Post by BBRich »

Well, the day's plan was originally to put my 14' tinnie onto Sleded's truck somehow and take it over to Area 51. We got it out, and could not figure out a safe way to put it on the truck. So back into the yard she went. We debated the idea of taking my car topper there, but got lazy and decided to shore fish.

So were finally off, got to Area 51 around 6:30AM to try for early pike. I was the first to score 2 rock bass. Then I got a 12 inch OOS largemouth so I changed tactics. Sleded missed 2 OOS largemouth at the shoreline, and also switched tactics. My next tactic proved even less effective on the pike as I almost immediately got 3 more OOS largemouth. We decided that Area 51 was not a good spot today and moved on to a new pond.. that we'll call Area 51.5 :lol: But before we moved, we stopped for a SUPER SIMSWICH!!

This pond looked awesome, but we could not get anything to bite but small rock bass from the shoreline, so after a few hours we gave up and moved on.

The next short stop was the Waterford Stocker Pond, but we barely fished here. Basically just stopped to check how the fishing was and eat the Godfather's Pizza we had just bought. And the pizza was wonderful!! lol Didn't see any fish caught or get any bites while we were here.

Well now it was about 1PM so we decided to stop at our houses, trade up equipment and see if my catfish spot (Roswell, New Mexico LOL) was producing. After setting up with worms and catching 2 small bullheads and a bluegill we were getting worried. I put on a headless chub minnow with slits cut in it, and after a LONG wait I finally got a good hit. FISH ON.. and wow what a battle. Sleded jumped in the water with the net and after about 5 minutes of tug-o-war we finally got her on shore. I know you've already seen it, but here's another pic lol

After that we were psyched for more catfish. We saw a snapping turtle in the area and Sleded jokingly said to me "he's here for your chub!!".. well lo and behold 5 minutes later I had something big on!! Up comes a snapping turtle! lol.. we got a pic before snapping the line (didn't really feel like reaching down to take the hook out).

The fight:

The Turtle:

After that I had to pack it up because I was hungry of course! Seeing that huge catfish got me going LOL.. (for those wondering she was released back to the depths to bite another day). What a day, lots of fishing, few fish but great fun anyways and of course the giant cat to keep me excited for weeks to come. :D
Fighting15
Participant
Participant

Good Job Buddy

Post by Fighting15 »

hey great job fellows, I m sorry I missed that cat!
GreenBastard
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GreenBastard »

Simswiches?? Man I am jealous
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Nice work on that big cat Rich. Good to see they've moved back into your spot. Funny you don't pick up any bullheads there.
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

re

Post by BBRich »

Lots of bullheads there, we were just using way too big a bait for them to hit. But I got 2 on worms earlier... didn't figure they were worth a picture though.
Johnny Bass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Johnny Bass »

:shock: I AM SOOOO JEALOUS. :( :( :( :( :(

My day has got to come soon. :)

I tried for channel cats and all I got was Bull heads and a carp!!!! :x

The carp was a bit over 10 lbs and didn't even put up a fight. Had her in, in less than 2 minutes!!Water was really cold though sunday.

I took a picture so give me a week or 2 to finish the roll and i'll post some pics. After this roll I am definately going digital.
bottom feeder
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bottom feeder »

nice kitty rich-- must have been a nice fight.
Norm L.