Anyone reccommend a fishing lodge on the W arm of Nippising?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
scuro
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Anyone reccommend a fishing lodge on the W arm of Nippising?

Post by scuro »

I have heard so many good things about this area so I thought I should head up. We will be going in early June and be looking for Muskie or Pike.
...anything to bend the rod
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Lodge on West Arm of Lake Nippissing

Post by Seaweed »

Not sure if you mean a lodge on the west arm of Lake Nippissing. I know if you do a google search on Lake Nippissing Lodges you will find a bunch. They all offer good things and are top notch. I personally like the location of the lodges in the West Arm and Welcome Lodge seems real nice. I stay at a private camp when I am there every year but I have yet to hear anything bad about the lodges. The fish are a bit finicky. Try spinner baits for the pike they seem to jump on them. Enjoy.... that is God's country up there.
scuro
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scuro »

Lodge or camp it doesn't matter..what does matter is the fishing. I love God's country but I want a nice side of larger fish. So how finicky? Early June should be a great time to fish and I wouldn't want to be working doubletime to catch some.
...anything to bend the rod
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Nippissing

Post by Seaweed »

In my opinion the reason the fish are finicky in Nippissing is a direct result of the fishing pressure they recieve.

If you are looking for fish to jump on your tackle at every cost you probably want to keep going North for another hundred miles or so.

It took me time to find the secret of Nippissing and even then things are about par with any other body of water ... it can be hit and miss.

Hope you do well and I can promise you will enjoy the scenery.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

My brother has fallen in love with Nippissing, so much so that he spends a good part of his summer there. He does well with both pike and muskellunge, and according to him, the scenery is exquisitely beautiful. I hope to get there in the next couple of years, when the kids are older and up for longer travel. Good luck if you go... and TAKE PICTURES. :P

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Karack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Karack »

I highly recommend the Welcome Lodge http://www.welcomelodge.com/

I've been there five times now and if it wasn't for the lack of a gang of fishing buddies I'd be there again this year.

Gary and Angela will certainly take care of you and as already mentioned the sights are straight out of some painting somewhere.

Good Luck and Have fun!!
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

We spent the opening of bass up there last year, at Lakair lodge.

The place was fantastic, but the fishing was very tough.

A cold front blew through, and made fishing rather difficult.

I'm sure they are there, but this year we are heading to Quinte instead.

:D
scuro
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scuro »

thanks for the posts guys! :D
Dances With Fishes
Participant
Participant

West Nippising lodge in Lavigne on the west arm

Post by Dances With Fishes »

I was there last fall for a fishing bachelor party. Good accomodations, family run and owned. Use live bait (minnows/suckors) like the locals and you will do fine. Bridges with current and shore structure will produce lots of pike and some bass. You may get a walleye or two if you can find a local to show you where or a guide, otherwise good luck. The fish are picky and didn't show much interest in plastics or metal. Lots of pressure on this lake. Also morning and evening seemed to be the time to produce. The lake is shallow but don't let it fool you into complacency, this is big water and can get really rough in the open with even a light wind. Have fun!
Dances

Post by Guest »

try Glen Echo resort on Callender bay... make sure to check out a place called Mosy on in". They are not the prettiest but they sure are friendly"