Now that's service

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Jale
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Now that's service

Post by Jale »

Last week when i launched the boat for the first time this year I noticed that my Eagle fishfinder wasn't working properly. It couldn't acquire bottom, no gray scale, reading 700 feet of water when we were in 10.

I had baitcasters order this sonar in for me 3 years ago and it came with a one year warranty only. I contacted eagle and explained the problem, they sugggested it was a transducer problem but I could ship the unit back to them for testing free of charge and we would go from there.

After a few days of debating what to do(repair it, replace it) Last thursday I shipped the sonar itself to Eagle Canada in Missassauga and wait for the verdict before replacing/repairing the unit.

Well today I get a parcel notice in the mail. I go into town to pick it up and low and behold it is from Lowrance/ Eagle. A brand new replacement eagle same as the one I sent them!!!!!

Included was a note from them stating that it was just easier to send me a new one rather than test the one that I sent back to them...Keep in mind that the warranty had expired over 2 years ago!!!!!

Gonna launch again tomorrow to verify that it is working properly.

With after sales support like that they have made a lifetime supporter out of me as of now, and I will strongly suggest to anyone considering purchasing new electronics for their boat that Eagle/Lowrance is the way to go.

Amazing what a little kindness on their end can accomplish.

Joe
jammer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jammer »

I am impressed!!! :shock:
Jale
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jale »

And I just noticed in the paperwork that there is a one year warranty included on the replacement that they just sent me :!: :!:

Joe
Coyote
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Coyote »

good to know, I'm thinking of buying one and will keep this in mind.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Right on! Good for you Joe :!:

Just the way it should be...in the real world :!: :roll: :lol:
Jale
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jale »

They definitely they did more than they needed too.

All I was looking for was a diagnosis on whether the problem was the unit or the transducer...and a repair estimate.

If the unit was not worth replacing I was thinking of another eagle to replace it. It's a no brainer now when the time comes.

Joe
Hoss
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hoss »

Thanks for the info Jale6666. I'm currently in the middle of a Raymarine runaround for a brand new unit bought at a now out of business tackle shop. :oops: :cry:

In the meantime I'm using my old faithful Eagle Fisheasy. Next time will be Eagle/Lowrance for sure.
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

Thats great service for sure. Its no wonder they are tops in the industry.
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

I have also had great service from Eagle/Lawrance. I owned 3 hummingbird's before buying an eagle and they were all junk. I bought it from a local shop but I have been dealing with Lawren at Lowrance for some set-up tips and also for some accessories and the service is second to none. It sure is nice to be treated nice by a big company for a change. :D
Thanks to my great supporters Deep River Outfitters, Shimano Canada and Hunters Bay Marine.
fisher
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fisher »

Can't ask for much more,can you?
good product and great service.nice to know that some companies still have it.