Unreal...the night I don't have a camera

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Immediate release...is simply a Figure of speech

''If '' it was a pic of a oos catfish or eel or carp ...this thread would have maybe five or six replies.. :wink:

Bass or Musky and the jealousy runs rampant..I mean surely the God no one goes to bed a night and looses sleep over a pic of an OOS fish... :shock: :shock:
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
Sportspal
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Sportspal »

I coudl only imagine if someone took a pic of an OOS trout from THEIR trout lake :lol:
horsehunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by horsehunter »

I have sat in on more than one conversation where 3 CO's couldn't agree on the interpretation of the laws. In one argument they couldn't agree on what constitutes a road. We don't stand a chance it will depend on the individual Co and how his day is going. I don't need any more pictures of 40 inch muskies but if it's the guy in the back of the boats first muskie it will be posing for a quick picture.

Frank
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Ok: You got me... I'm going to chime in here...

For those on this site, and who know who I am, know full well, I started this question back almost 8 yrs ago, what yr, I can't remember.

I posted a "Thread" About taking OOS Pics. I was walleye fishing, 2 times, and both, caught on each occasion, a pig smallie both times. I was "NOT" Sight fishing these fish, NOR Was I targeting these fish, but for crying out loud, find me a piece of the "OTTAWA" That throwing a grub, minnow, crankbait for Eye's, in an area that might not hold Smallies :roll:

Same scenario, A buzzbait, big ars soft plastic, or any "PIKE" Bait in a territory that LM Won't inhabit????????????? :roll: IT HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!

Your in the Desert, someone throws a bottle of water, or a pile of elaphent dung at ya..... What you going for? I'm sure you's beat the "Dung Beetle" To the water :P

TAKE A PICTURE!!!

"IF" The fish, cannot be released boat side I.E It is deeply hooked, it needs to be revived after a long battle (Thinking it is another species, but only realizing it is OOS when boat side) Your camera is on the dash of the boat, don't go fumbling to get a pic, if it presents itself....TAKE THE SHOT!

To my good frand Trophy Muskie..................................

I ask you sir..... When you land a 50+ inch muskie or any size for that matter, yourself or one of your guests.............. DO YOU SIR????????????? Take the hooks out (In Season) Pic and drop the fish back in?????????????

OR DO YOU???????????? Hold the fish in the water and make sure it is revived enough to make it on it's own????????? With your hand on its tail, no offence, you ARE STILLLLLLLLL In retention OF THAT FISH!!!!!!!!!!

No one ESP My good friend RJ called you or compared you to a "R%PIST" Your way out of line to post such a thing on a site that children can read. YOU DISGUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIR.l

To the guy who began this thread.... You caught a piggy, and congrats, the best thing is, you know where she lives, after the end of June, Try to get her, get us a pic, and let the rest of the world see your trophy :D

Even if you did have the cam, I'd still commend ya OOS Or not. The real thing is, it was an incidental catch of possibly a fish of a life time!

For all those who give him grief............... HIS POST WAS NOT or in any way included, he was targeting OOS FISH.

Carry on.............

F.F
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

wow.

i see the both OOS are back in force like about 14 time a year or so.

trophymusky.i respect you..dont take it personal.

but an iligal fish is an iligal fish out off season or out off size........pure and simple..not becasue for you its not good to see this..sorry its the reg pure and simple..it as to go back in water NO pict taken...so that 50 incher back in water no pict taken.

BUT.........its a personal choice...will i take a pict off that 50 incher.... 8) :lol: .....i take my responsibilty............BUt if i do its illigal to do so.if i do.

targeting a species that is spawning is a no go.at all.

i see people sawing there targeting pike wen in there head they just want to see those big bass jumpin on there pike lures. :roll: ..and no one cant say its not true...some target bass but undercover for pike fishing.

would i takea pict off a 6pound bass i catch this weekend...... 8) :lol: ...if i do i am illigal once again again take my responsibility.

the only i can say and quebec mnr say.............its NO PICT AND TO GO BACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...BOTH FISH ARE ILLIGAL.

NO ONE CAN SAY ITS NOT TRU THAT BOTH FISH ARE ILLGAL..MABE THE OUT OFF SEASON IS BASS IS NOT TO GOOD IF HE IS ON IS SPAWNING GROUND.....BUT I CATCH BASS ALL WINTER LONG THERE STILL OUT OFF SEASON AND SHER NOT DANGEROUS TO CATCH THEM THEN..

SO A OUT OFF SIZE FISH IS STILL ILLIGAL..LIKE IT OR NOT...THATS THE REG.

WE ALL HAVE PM IF SOMEONE WANT TO SEE A PICT.

AND FRANKLY I DONT CARE.TO SEE SOME.

A BIG BASS IS A BIG BASS WENEVER ITS CATCH.
WE JUST TO BE CAREFUL TO ARE FISHERIES WEN WE DO FISH.

LIFE GOES ON.

PIKE IS OPEN ALL OVER GET SOME PIKE REPORTS NOW GUYS.

JOCO
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

Trophymuskie wrote:
DropShot'r wrote:
cprince wrote:
You can't take pictures of OOS fish anyway. As much as it sucks... 'dems da rulez...

Craig
No.............You can't POST pics of OOS fish :wink:
No.............You can't TAKE pics of OOS fish. We've all been there before and taking pictures does not fit into immediate release.
Yes.................I will take pics of OOS fish, then release them immediately

DS
Excessive compulsive dropshot fisherman
beerheart
Participant
Participant

Post by beerheart »

almontefisher wrote:
steve2112 wrote:Hi Everyone

Everytime this conversation gets started these words come to my head

sanctimoious
righteous
holier-than-thou
portentous

and Finally

BLOVIATE

cheers,

Portentous? What the heck does that mean??

Steve
Had to look that last one up Steve....nice word. I have now put it in my memory banks for future use. :lol:

Hope I am not being Bloviated???
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

DropShot'r wrote:
Trophymuskie wrote:
DropShot'r wrote: No.............You can't POST pics of OOS fish :wink:
No.............You can't TAKE pics of OOS fish. We've all been there before and taking pictures does not fit into immediate release.
Yes.................I will take pics of OOS fish, then release them immediately

DS
If you do then you better hope you don't get caught as it is ilegal and detramental to the fishery, especially with spawning bass.

And Joco you make no sense my friend, it's not ilegal to target in season fish. The taking of the picture might be but I don't know of a CO that would ticket you for it but an OOS fish is a different story. Same thing goes for the conservation license, you can fish for muskies but even if they are over 54 you must release them. They came out with the conservation license to encourage C&R not to stop people from fishing or taking pictures LOL

I don't know why I even bother, I guess if I can educate but 1 I've done my job. Going through this year after year it amazes me the number of anglers who will blatenly break the laws, makes you wonder how many actually target OOS fish.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

t.m you say........And Joco you make no sense my friend, it's not ilegal to target in season fish.

where do i say that bud.((show me)

taking pictures off them is illigal..............thats is 100% sher..it as to go back as soon as posible and its not even me that says that its the mnr itself.

i never said target and out off size..........that is imposible to target com on.bud now you make no ....sense..hahaha..but if to small as to go back...same for walleye in some sector right now..over size have to go back and no pict.

so dont try bud its illigal pure and simple..you want to do it ...that your thing and your responsibily.

i amnot saying to do or dont i am saying its illigal and no one.NO ONE will say its legal becasue it aint..that prety clear to me..so not sher where you see that.NO SENSE.

read it right ...it might not be clear english but it sher clear anaught to see what i am saying.

both are illigal fish..............so back as soon as possible...no pict.thats is the leagal; part

someone want to do it.that is a personal; choice and i respect that.

i would take pict off a monster skie or a monster bass........and will take the ticket if i ever get one will take my own responsibility.

see those reg in zone 25 off the ottawa river.

those are illigal fish ..so take a pict off one off those is illigal by legal standard......and dont say its not t.m.it is.

Note 24: It is prohibited to catch and keep, or to have in one's possession a muskellunge under 104 cm in length.
Note 26: It is not permitted to catch and keep, or to have in one�s possession a lake sturgeon measuring more than 97 cm in length.
Note 27: It is not permitted to catch and keep, or to have in one�s possession a walleye measuring more than 38 cm in length between March 1st and June 15th.

jand T.M. for the...I don't know why I even bother

its becasue you are so toutch by this personaly..and this is your work..i can understand..((( by the way you a good skie fisherman))and you do take this to personal).its just picts..and no what you meen by the deference off those two deferent oos fish but still illigal nothing we can do.

again thats the legal..part and i wont say to no one not to do so...but we sher dont want to say its legal if its not.

the reg is there for some reason.

i would like to say one thing.

for the musky part...in some musky event i saw people holding musky up in the air wayyyyyyyy to long to take full off pict..like a lot off it..

for those.......i have no prob seeing tickets guivin..because they will win a little 5$ worth wood/plastic..trophy and might kill a very old musky for this.
:roll: :?

if some dont like my comment mabe because the hat fit. :wink:
SAD TO SEE ONE MORE TRED GOING A BIT.MMMMMM

ALL OFF THIS TO SAY.FOR MYSELF TAKE ALL THE PICTURES YOU WANT OR ANYONE WANT...I LOVE TO SEE PICTURE OFF FISH. PURE AND SIMPLE.

WOULD BE NICE TO SEE FISHING REPORT NOW .

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER AND 2010 FISHING SEASON..AND IF YOU DONT POST PICT HERE, I WOULD GLADLY LOVE TO SEE THEM BY PM.
8) :lol:

JOCO,no saint here i do my share off picts that could be bit.on the dark side myself..but i cant say something is legal if its not.
Last edited by joco on Sat May 22, 2010 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

So you TM, target fish from June to Dec?? that is all??

If YOU only target Muskie per say, If ANYTHING Why are you posting on any other species of fish thread????????????????????

Stick to the painting, you'd have better luck trying to convince Mike Holmes than us of your knowledge........

I'll pay ya one day, take me fishin... I have a conservation tag, but in return you come Floating with me on my bill. Interested???
scuro
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scuro »

Once you see with your own eyes a bass removed from it's spawning bed and the carp jumping in within seconds to gobble up all the eggs you never want to be any part of that. I was bridge fishing once and saw that and then the guy complains about how few big bass there are in the river. :roll:
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Congrats Yannick
That's quite a fish. And the Moose - hilarious - the stuff that happens when no camera around!!

Hope you can re-catch it in another 5 weeks!!

PS
Before anyone else "Bloviates" - I'm referring to re-catching the Bass, not the Moose. Everyone knows Moose aren't in season until the Fall... :D
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

FLOATFISHIN wrote:So you TM, target fish from June to Dec?? that is all??

If YOU only target Muskie per say, If ANYTHING Why are you posting on any other species of fish thread????????????????????

Stick to the painting, you'd have better luck trying to convince Mike Holmes than us of your knowledge........

I'll pay ya one day, take me fishin... I have a conservation tag, but in return you come Floating with me on my bill. Interested???
Yes since 1994 after my first 20 pounder all I have fished for are muskies so yes I only fish from June to December. I've fished once in April where legal, actually won the tournament I was a guest speaker at, kinda felt bad taking home all the hardware and cash.

As a professional angler for 10 years now I take it as a way for me to give back to the sport fishery, and the fishery includes all fish not just muskies. I also help with all fisheries, every year I donate to many organisations across Canada and USA. Spending over 100 days a year on the water as well as my readings throughout the year has me quite knowledgable about all that is fishing but yes my speciality is muskies. I also only reply/advise to what I am knowledgable about.

Who's Mike Holmes, bet he knows squat about painting. You know the saying " jack of all trades master of none" it's like that guy on CFRA on Saturday mornings knows it all but squat about painting.

I'm getting older and now that I am moving to the shores of the O I have been thinking of trying to expend my fishing. I use to fish for whatever pulled my string hard, I don't eat fish. So wet socks ( unless it's 15 pounders in the bay ) and baitfish are out for me.

I also refuse to fish for pike to keep me busy until the opener as I know I would come across OOS bass and muskies. I probably would not catch many but to me one is too many that's my contribution to not catching OOS fish.

I just spent $200 for a bag of lures at Big Jim's auction for my 13 year old son so that he can fish off our dock or go out in a kayak. He also has been a muskie fisherman and only a week during vacation for a couple of years as he ever targeted anything else. So I guess I have his and his sisters future in mind as well as all other future generations.

I really have nothing to gain by this, it's the other way around.

BTW welcome out of the woodwork you and Markus seam to pop out only every long while.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Trophymuskie wrote: BTW welcome out of the woodwork you and Markus seam to pop out only every long while.
TM, I'm not in SE ON neck of the woods very often now a days, but I still frequent the area 2 or 3 times a year and when I do, I always stop by this site to see how the fishing has been.

I also find this topic of discussion fasinating. Always have.

Another point for you....based on your definition of iimediate release, you claim taking a photo means you've taken possesion of that fish. So using this definition, once you or your clients take a photo of an under sized fish, they have technically taken possesion of it and in turn reached their possesion limit...or they are in possesion of an undersized fish and have broken your definition of the law. So if they've reached their possesion limit, can they keep fishing? Is it catch and no photo for the rest of the day?

All sounds a little silly when it's broken down. I hear your argument about pulling a fish off it's bed too, but I dont see the harm that's done to bass populations either. There's no bass fishery that's struggling in your neck of the woods. If it is, I'd look more towards pollution and white buckets.

Like I said, I'm not for or against taking a photo. To each their own. In the end, we have to ask ourselves, "How has my life changed because joe-blow snapped a picture of a fish". :lol: I'm guessing it hasn't.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Markus wrote:

Like I said, I'm not for or against taking a photo. To each their own. In the end, we have to ask ourselves, "How has my life changed because joe-blow snapped a picture of a fish". :lol: I'm guessing it hasn't.
Thank you Markus! :wink:

BTW.....the avatar Muskie was 54"... :wink: :D