Fluro Carbon Leaders?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
kunobasski
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

floro and berkley

Post by kunobasski »

Hey steve.

I hear ya on the berckley vanish issue. It seems that many people don't like it as they may have tried the original formula years ago.

The new line, which is the standard issue these days and can be purchased anywhere is great. Awsome stregth, good casting, low stretch, (i think somewhere aroung %3, but don't quote me on that) and super abrasion resisitive. And its onlyabout $20 for a 275 yard roll.

I count on this stuff, like I mean really trust its capabilities. I'm not supported by any line manufacture, so I reserve the option to use what I deem fit for my competition gear. And well gladly share any observation that I come across while on the water.

Giver a try, Better yet, spool up a few different sticks with competing brands and pick what product your most confident in. There is nothing like having a giant on and your left worrying if your gear is going to hold up....

Tkuno
Lookinforlunkers
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lookinforlunkers »

Oops missed a page
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

kuno, thanks for the honest reply.

i'll give the line a shot this season!

again, good to hear berkley got their crap in order re: that line.
IanD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by IanD »

In the last issue of Next Bite they show a knot for making your own leaders using floro but they do not name the knot and the photos are not over clear. Can anyone name the knot? Looks easy to tie with heavier material.
Thanks.