Boat plug $4.99 + tax

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
jwhite
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jwhite »

almontefisher wrote:J my buddies dad was talking about this and thought you had to be an idiot to forget to put the plug in.....then two days later karma bit him in the butt and guess what....Did you see a 14ft tinny down the shore from you looking just like that boat?? :oops: :lol:

He now thinks that you must be a pretty smart guy to have this happen to you 8)
You sure your dad wasn't hit by a violent tidal wave created by a speeding bass boat causing the plug to get sucked out from the back of the boat?

Nevermind.....you said tinny.....I thought I heard kayak.....and then remebered kayaks don't have plugs........or do they? :?
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

jwhite wrote:
almontefisher wrote:J my buddies dad was talking about this and thought you had to be an idiot to forget to put the plug in.....then two days later karma bit him in the butt and guess what....Did you see a 14ft tinny down the shore from you looking just like that boat?? :oops: :lol:

He now thinks that you must be a pretty smart guy to have this happen to you 8)
You sure your dad wasn't hit by a violent tidal wave created by a speeding bass boat causing the plug to get sucked out from the back of the boat?

Nevermind.....you said tinny.....I thought I heard kayak.....and then remebered kayaks don't have plugs........or do they? :?
:lol:

I know J but it was my buddies dad...My dad is in no shape to be on the water..

I know that you were having a laugh and that is good to see....So do they have plugs??? I guess just the big one driving it :lol:
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Some of them have plugs, some people don't use the plugs but I do not like sitting in water for 6 hours caus ebelieve me you don't end up with dishpan hands it's more like dish pan butt. Not sure why there is holes. mostly the sit on top have plugs that you can use to stay dry.

Maybe a yakker can answer that and know what he is talking about.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Don't like the "wake" from this canoe!!! :shock:

Not sure if it has a plug!
gwright
Participant
Participant

Post by gwright »

Sit on top Kayaks have "scupper" holes. They allow the boat to be "self bailing".

Sit on tops work the opposite power boats, plug the hole and you capsize, leave the plug out and you float.