Rainwear

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

bm_attar wrote:Thanks Brian. If that what you have from Mark's, do you like it?

http://www2.marks.com/productdetails.as ... enDocument
No mine don't have suspenders. I bought them on sale and I suspect it was an end of line item.

This is the closest thing I can find on their site;

Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

If you cant spend a bunch of cash I recommend the Frog Togs. When we had that all day rain event on the Sat. opener onthe Miss. I wore mine for the first time and was dry and the best thing is I didnt get sweaty inside. It only weighs 14oz total for jacket and bib pants. It cost me 70 bucks at Bass Pro. I can see it being easy to tear if you snagg it on something but alot of thigings would so for the cost they are great.
Raminator
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Raminator »

Helly Hanson,bar none,I worked offshore for many years,arctic and tropical climates,oil drilling,and I owned a fish charter boat in florida,they are everyone's choice for offshore,and standard military and commercial issue,of course they work well on inland lakes.I think I've had 3 sets in 25 years. the set I have now is my good set for fishing,as in not working,and it is 10 years old and excellent. they are pretty much tear proof,and they have survived a few hurricanes. I've seen cheaper sets,more for the avg. weather around here at Marks work warehouse,and they are still good quality. they come in heavy material(which get stiff in cold weather) or softer, easier to fold and store.
Bobby Shimano
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bobby Shimano »

Which you ever buy, after you get home put on your new rain suit, and get in the shower, if you get wet take it back.
You can also practice tying a few knots while in there, it keep's the family amused. :D
Gore-Tex guarantees to keep you dry!

Bobby
Bitsmith2k
Participant
Participant

Post by Bitsmith2k »

i'd stear clear of the Frogg Toggs.. for a smaller guy, they'd be great.. for a big guy, not so much.. they fit smaller.. first time wearing mine last year, i split the crotch the second i sat down.. replaced it with the suit you're looking at from Marks, and have been happy..

not takin a dump on frogg toggs, just sayin for the bigger guy they dont leave a lot of extra room...
bm_attar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bm_attar »

SO I think Frogg Toggs is off the list. Thanks a lot guys for all the info. I really appreciate it. Now my quest for the right size will start at Mark's work. I can't afford to buy online after all the input from you guys about size issues, especially for a tall guy like me.

And actually I like the under-shower testing idea :-) Hmm maybe I will give it a try!
Pepe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Pepe »

If your budget will allow, try Arcteryk - UNBELIEVABLE !!!! I have the Alpha model wth pants and bar none, nothing touches it for breathability, toughness, and fashion. Paired with a liner jacket, you can be insulated in a variety of conditions with the comfort of being warm and dry. Check out their line up - http://www.arcteryx.ca/Product.aspx?Men ... -SL-Jacket
Jimmay
Participant
Participant

Post by Jimmay »

I started wearing these this year and I like them much better than my Wetskins.

RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Hop across the border and hit Gander Mountain....their Gore-tex suit is great at half the price of a BPS suit...
bm_attar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bm_attar »

Now that's a valuable tip RJ. Time to hit Google maps :)
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

bm_attar wrote:Now that's a valuable tip RJ. Time to hit Google maps :)
Don't take your wife!....your gear won't be so cheap anymore... :lol: ..Salmon Run Mall is a shoppers happy place....

You didn't hear it from me but you could likely throw that suit in a golf bag in your trunk and noone would know when ya got it.... :wink:

RJ
snakestar
Participant
Participant

Post by snakestar »

I have to admit the gortex is unbeatable. I picked up the pants and jacket at Bass Pro and am thoroughly impressed. The rain beads off them and they breath great as well, one shake when your done and their dry! Sould be able to get both under $300.00 (well worth the price)
Bobby Shimano
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bobby Shimano »

Just got the Fathers day Bass Pro flyer and they have the HPR Goretex rain parka $129.94, pants $99.94, or bibs $119.94 on sale. All prices in canadian dollars. You are able to order these through the store in Vaughn.

Bobby
dh99
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dh99 »

I got the BPS 100 MPH suit 3 yrs ago for a Xmas gift and its the best gift I ever got. Doesn't leak, cuts the wind and keeps me warm.

If you buy a gore-tex (teflon coated) suit, they recommend washing it with a soap made for gore-tex.

One tip buy something good or else you end up replacing it and it will cost you more.

DH
Graembo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Graembo »

dh wrote:If you buy a gore-tex (teflon coated) suit, they recommend washing it with a soap made for gore-tex.

One tip buy something good or else you end up replacing it and it will cost you more.

DH
BPS suit here too,

This is the re-waterproofer for the outer shell.
http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_deta ... 4441894685

Follow the instructions.