Rockland ramp pricing- 2005

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

Question? Are these ramps private,or government operated? local, Provincial or Federal
BENLEGER
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BENLEGER »

spinner wrote
Hi Ben,

You're right as that's last years pricing. There meeting was this week and the pricing I posted is the 2005 pricing and the website needs to be updated. Also, the ramps have not been put in yet as the water is too high but they're expected in by next friday.
I know, we take care of that(put the docks, clean the park and ramps), i work for the recreation department (parks,Arenas etc...) of the city, last time i had a chat with my boss about the subject prices weren't suppose to go up though, its opening next week for sure, don't know if the docks will be in, it all depends on the water level. I also worked There last summer for about a month before i got in full time @ the city, i also think prices are exagerated, and please guys it's not the attendants fault if the prices are high, man some people are rude.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

That is simply ridiculous...$15 :shock:

But you're right ben, not their fault :!:

Another tax grab :!: :roll:
Muskeye
Participant
Participant

Post by Muskeye »

Please excuse my ignorance and also age (old and drifty). Been hitting a number of different locations on the Ottawa both east and west of the city for approximately the last 8-10 years now and sometimes get confused. I believe its Wendover that we've hit the last couple of years and Rockland before that. Even hit the launch ramp at the next town east of Wendover last year, can't remember the name. Looking forward to our trip this year and I'll be sure to avoid the Rockland ramp.
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

fishforfun wrote:Question? Are these ramps private,or government operated? local, Provincial or Federal
Municipal government (crooked buggars).
I believe its Wendover that we've hit the last couple of years and Rockland before that. Even hit the launch ramp at the next town east of Wendover last year, can't remember the name.
Wendover is free and a fantastic ramp to boot.
Next town over = Hawksbury (unless someone knows of one closer).

M.T. Livewell
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

launch fees at Rockland

Post by Jigs »

HEY :!: :!: :D :D

$30.00 for the season for olfarts over 60....................Yippeee. I finally catch a break :!: :!:

Where is Rockland :shock: :?: :?:

OH...............wayyyyyyyyy down by Ottywa.............Nah, I'll stick with the good ol Rideau..........$90.00 for the season for 3 launches and they'll stick it to ya no matter how old you are. :roll: :roll:

But, you gotta go and come during office hours, otherwise deadbeats are parked in the trailer turn around and every other no parking zone, and get real nasty :twisted: :twisted: when asked to move their cars. You could go fishin and come back to 4 flat tires; even if you ask them nicely.
:shock:

Just one more reason I'm seriously thinking of selling the outfit and sticking with the canoe. Too much hassel :!: :!:

Ah well.............some folks could suck the joy out of Christmas :cry:

Lots of free launches around, and thats a good thing :D

So much for the vent :mrgreen:
MichaelVandenberg
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: launch fees at Rockland

Post by MichaelVandenberg »

Jigs wrote:Nah, I'll stick with the good ol Rideau..........$90.00 for the season for 3 launches and they'll stick it to ya no matter how old you are.
I get the Rideua Conservation pass for 40 bucks...7 areas to launch I believe.

Cheers,

Mike
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jigs »

Got that one a couple of years ago Mike. May do it again. Pretty good launches.

Cheers back at ya;

:mrgreen:
BENLEGER
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BENLEGER »

For Muskeye next town with a launch after Wendover is Treadwell and then Lefaivre. Thats where you launched probably.

Ben