took the little guy out.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
hoeboe
Participant
Participant

took the little guy out.

Post by hoeboe »

sorry no pics, but i just had to post about the experience this weekend.
we headed out to dunnville yesterday for some cats. we did "okay". pretty small ones but we are frying them up for supper tonight.

my 6 year old boy's first experience actually catching fish came about 1/2 way through the day when all of a sudden i see his pole headin' for the rhubarb. i told him to get his rod quick! he picks it up and starts reeling his 4 pound test line up onto his spinning reel. this bruiser of a fish had his 4' Ugly Stik bent like it was a Tarpon. the look on his face was that of excitement, shock, amazement, and fear all rolled into one as he reeled in a 3 pound carp which he battled all by himself! WTG lil gaffer!

he was sooo proud of himself and me of him. grinning from ear to ear he says to me. "well dad. i've got the biggest!" and here's me thinking.... i always wondered where the "ego" started. i guess i now know!

he ended up out fishing me yesterday so i figured we'd give it a try today a little closer to home.

we packed Ma up today and dragged her to the Conestogo River for a morning of bullheads.

it starts off with my son once again getting the first fish, which was the biggest bullhead of the day. he shortly there after ties into about a 3-4 pound white sucker which gave him a good little fight. after that dad catches another 3 bullheads of fairly good size and we call it a day.

these are the days that really make ya feel like a father. high fives, a can of pop, and some good quality time with your kid. what more could a man ask for!

thanks for reading.

hoeboe
Cracker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Cracker »

Congrats on a great weekend! It's moments like those that will live with you forever.
I worked all weekend, which will live with me for about as long as my next beer..... :)
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D Its great to get them out..and you get used to hearing how they got the biggest.. :lol:
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

Awesome! I'm getting the chance to take my little nephew out this summer when I'm home - his first "real" overnight fishing trip. We've wet a line while at the lake before but this time we're there for the fishing, not just squeezing an afternoon into a vacation.

I can't wait!
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.
Astro-Mike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Astro-Mike »

moments like those are just priceless.
did ya cajun fry them bullheads?
crash
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by crash »

any time you the youg ones is great.
Thanks for sharing.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Good Stuff.....grab a camera next time!

RJ
Eagle
Participant
Participant

Post by Eagle »

WTG, hoeboe!!!

Get all of those in you can. One day you will wake up and the "lil guy" will not be so little and 20 something. Out of the house and fishing with HIS friends.

Thanks for sharing and bringing back a some old memories I have with my son.

Eagle
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

SALMON wrote::D Its great to get them out..and you get used to hearing how they got the biggest.. :lol:
What's with that :?: Ain't it the truth :!: :roll:
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Eagle wrote:WTG, hoeboe!!!

Get all of those in you can. One day you will wake up and the "lil guy" will not be so little and 20 something. Out of the house and fishing with HIS friends.
In your boat, with your gas, pulled by your truck. :shock: :lol: :lol:

Hoeboe, I know the feeling. Makes you feel like the best dad in the world. And, for your boy, this weekend, you were.

Congrats on a great weekend.

M.T. Livewell
HitmanHill
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HitmanHill »

Who cares about tommorow. Live for the day, you just never know when the plug might be pulled. Hopefully you have many more weekends before things change. I can just picture the look on your little guys face. :D :D That is something he will never forget no matter how many other friends he is out fishing with. You made his day!!! 8) 8) :lol:
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re

Post by BBRich »

Awesome! Good to you two had some fun and caught some fish. Can't beat that!
Legend
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Right On

Post by Legend »

:) Right on fellow Kitchenerite...

If you need a couple of local spots to take junior, flip me a pm and I'll tell you about a sweet little Carp spot you might be interested in... It's close too!

(This info is also available to Team 4 members... Oh and Salmon too :lol: )

:) Legend
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

hoeboe,

Catching up on posts since I've been away, but definitely wanted to reply to yours. Great read, I could almost see your little boy. Big smiles, hmm? :wink:

Can't wait to get back on the water with my 7 & 4 yr. olds. Great times... :D

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.