something for the younger ones...

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

something for the younger ones...

Post by Carl »

Hi all,

Was just reading on the Great Lakes forum about the Record brown being caught by a 7 year old.

Anyhow there are some categories that can be targetted for those 10 and under on the board that could get you a record!

There's a list on www.igfa.org

Some rules and stuff required but for some catching these species could be a great opportunity to hold a record.

Good luck.

Carlco
MichaelVandenberg
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MichaelVandenberg »

Neat idea to help get the kids interested in fishing. It isn't just 10 and under (smallfry program), they also have a junior program (11-16 years)

Just read some of the rules. Interesting thing about treble hooks used as trailer hooks, they are not allowed:
Sometimes anglers catch a fish with a treble hook and bait. That is a violation of IGFA rules. Treble hooks are acceptable if they are free-swinging on a lure, but not if they are used with bait. Also, anglers sometimes use a “stinger” hook- a treble hook dangling behind an otherwise properly baited hook. Again, this is a violation.
Mike
hoeboe
Participant
Participant

Post by hoeboe »

i didn't see any canadian weigh stations listed though. am i wrong?
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

carlco,

I'm going to check this link out in more detail tomorrow. It'll interest Tiny Torpedo for sure. Thx for posting it! :D

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

I can't take the credit for this...

Skein Machine posted it on the Great Lakes board I just wanted to ensure that everyone saw it.

Carlco