Perch galore

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Chuckles
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Perch galore

Post by Chuckles »

It was a perch of a day.

Headed out today at about 1200, stopped at the manotik bait shop, then went fishing at about 1pm. As soon as the holes were drilled, I put my two rods out there with a little jig and boom, boom, boom, one after another, small and medium perch. It slowed down at times, but then picked up again, we were in the schools of perch. My only mistake today was having my two rods a little too far apart, both rods kept going at the same time. Double after double, made my excercise for the day. I lost count, must of been in the 40's or 50s of perch caught. Left at around 330. I kept 4, made a little supper tonight with beer battered mix. mm mm good. I don't mind fishing panfish when it's like this, i'd rather get into the big fish though. Still lots of fun. Common soft water.

chuckles
Fishquest
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishquest »

Congrats on a gret day on the hard water.

Mike
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D Lots of fun when the bite is on...good fishing..
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

Hey Chuckles,

We were onto the perch today as well and had a blast.Mostly small but we had a good time :D :D :D .Our pike Tipups were strangely quiet.

Ron
Chuckles
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

can't wait for spring pike

Post by Chuckles »

yeah, perch is good and fun when they're hot on the bite. But I can't wait until spring pike. Just baught a muskie/pike rod yesterday with a bunch of lures. Hee hee come on soft water!!