I came, ...I saw, ...I is broke

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

I came, ...I saw, ...I is broke

Post by skooter »

:D :D

Just back from my first BPS visit ...definitely worth the time.
Left early and got there just after it opened, ...parking lot over half full then....

After walking in and getting over the initial surprise ....at the size of the place

...headed straight for the fishing section, (credit cards could get very nervous here). rows and rows of every size and type of bait you could imagine, fishing line, rods, reels ...anything you could possibly want.

Spent about a 1/2 hr browsing and getting what we came for ...plus some things we didn't come for.
Headed on ..as it was getting to the point where you had to say excuse me ...just to breathe.

Checked out the aquarium next, ....kinda weird making eye contact with something you spend all summer trying to catch, ....I really think one of the pike was snickering at me (don't get mad ...get even, .....got a chip on my shoulder now)

We all sort of split up and went our own way ....unfortunately, forgot to set up a designated time and place to meet up again, we all got back together eventually, ...in retrospect I figure I picked up about another $20.00 worth of stuff, .....just looking for everybody.

While on my own, I spent a lot of time just listening to the resident pro's who were continuously offering up fishing tips and tricks at the aquarium...

......Time well spent

After finally reuniting, ...decided it was best to head out before we would all need a place to sleep tonite. Anyway it was just after noon and they could have renamed it the BPS zoo, ...couldn't move.

The checkouts were an experience in itself, .....

Debit and credit went down twice while we were waiting in line ....nobody uses cash anymore

Finally out and we decide to check out the boats ...in a tent on the parking lot, bad move, ...this is what dreams are made of ......

My favourite....

My cohorts in crime....

All in all ...a very enjoyable day and plan on returning at least once before the serious fishing starts ....
Fishquest
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishquest »

Its a great store to shop around in. Your right you could do alot of damage in the ole credit cards in there. Sure looked busy today. I'm going to go in one day this week.

Glad to hear you had fun there.

Mike
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

skooter,

Seems some give a thumbs up to BPS and some give a thumbs down. No matter what, though, I think all would agree it's an "experience". For me, it's a great outing for an afternoon when the weather is bad and we all have cabin fever...I've been able to get out of there without spending much, but there have been other times when the money passes through my fingers like water! It's just a fun place to mosey through...

The boat section is ALWAYS a good place to start a pipe dream! :roll:

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

The store itself is worth the visit, I have been there three times now and love to browse around it. Like you said. To go eye to eye with what we chase all year long kinda makes the trip up there worth it. The fish tank is great
fullofgas
Participant
Participant

Post by fullofgas »

if you ever go to the states hit the closest cabellas thier even bigger than basspro..i go to the one in sidny nebraska quite often...still havnt seen all of it
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

I'll still visit when going to the area for sure :!: I think I did alright there last time :!: :lol:
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Let's face it it easily beats taking the wife shopping :wink: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a great day out and i would suggest leaving you're wallet at home next time. I'm sure i speak for everyone here that going to ANY fishing tackle store we all become like kids in a candy store.

The most appealing part, of these types of stores, to me are the huge fish tanks. Especially if it's feeding time :wink:
Mike the 'Tender
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mike the 'Tender »

When I was home for Christmas, I needed a new pair of boots so we headed out there.

I bought a beautiful pair of Wolverine hunting boots, and my dad came inches away from buying a $600 couch (which we would've had absolutely no use for, but it sure was nice, all carved out of pine).
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D i have only been about 5 times now. I would have been out fishing today but needed to spend some family time at home. Turns out my wife wants to go shopping. I get to pick the mall..guess which one I picked.. :twisted:
StubDaddy
Participant
Participant

Post by StubDaddy »

Arrived at 8:45, my truck died as i pulled into a parking spot. :evil: I guess someone was trying to tell me not to spend any money on more money on fishing tackle. I decided to worry about the truck later. What a made-house. I spent more time saying excuse me then looking. I did manage to spend too much money but what the heck. Called CAA and it was only a broken battery cable, $30 at Crapy Tire and I was on my way home to spool up my new line. Well worth the truck trouble. :lol: :lol: