Info Request... L. Nipigon

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Laketrout
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Info Request... L. Nipigon

Post by Laketrout »

I know I posted this last year but I'm hoping one of the new members have knowledge of this area.
Lake Nipigon
1. Where is the launch ramp in the Beardmore area,is it on rt.580?
2. Shakespear island,any good beaches in the McRitichie Shortcut to land a boat and camp on?
Last edited by Laketrout on Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Het LT....how are you feely Bud...i hope you get a answer....looks like a summer fishing hole :D :D :D
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I'm starting to research Nipigon as well LT. Pink Lady and I are planning on taking our girls up for a few days for a mini vacation.
Laketrout
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Laketrout »

big-o wrote:Het LT....how are you feely Bud...i hope you get a answer....looks like a summer fishing hole :D :D :D
Me to! I'd like to know where I'm going before I get there :)
Denis at fishinniagara sent me a pick of the a 6lb spec he caught on Nipigon,he took a charter out.

Love to get into one of these. Great for a replica mount.
The fish not her :D
Although she looks like she would make a good mount
http://www.fishontario.com/articles/nipigon-lakers/
One question has been answered launch area for the east shore.
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Launch

Post by Jigs »

Laketrout;

Been a few years but, as you leave Beardmore towards Geraldton, there is a road (paved) off to the left I believe about a mile out of town. It runs right down to the shore and folks used to launch there.

If the wind is coming out of the North, you won't get on the lake there. Just like ocean swells. Nipigon is a beautiful lake, but blows up quick, and you don't want to get caught out on it. Do some research for sure.

Beardmore is a real tiny place, and any of the local merchants, marina, etc. will be able to tell you where to launch. Pretty friendly town.

Good luck, should be a great trip.

Jigs. :mrgreen:
Laketrout
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Launch

Post by Laketrout »

Jigs wrote:Laketrout;

Been a few years but, as you leave Beardmore towards Geraldton, there is a road (paved) off to the left I believe about a mile out of town. It runs right down to the shore and folks used to launch there.

If the wind is coming out of the North, you won't get on the lake there. Just like ocean swells. Nipigon is a beautiful lake, but blows up quick, and you don't want to get caught out on it. Do some research for sure.

Beardmore is a real tiny place, and any of the local merchants, marina, etc. will be able to tell you where to launch. Pretty friendly town.

Good luck, should be a great trip.

Jigs. :mrgreen:
Thanks Jigs
It seems that the internet has not reached some parts of this area. I'm trying to find a secure ramp that I can have no worries parking my SUV at for a week. I heard that Poplar Lodge Park has a ramp but no internet website.
I was contact by mystic charters, Pam put me on a couple of beaches on the island that are totally protected from the lake,but if the water is high....
Winds oh yeah,I plan on driving right through 20hrs and get there in the AM then launch at first light, hopefully the winds are light at first light :lol:
So I won't be in town before I launch.
I found a website that they had got a 56lb Lake Trout on a charter.
Thanks again for the info,if you remember anything else please post.It's going to be a long 6 months :?