the quebec side!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

the quebec side!

Post by Tip-up »

hey does any one know how the ice fishing on the quebec side of the ottawa river through deschenes to aylmer marina .thanks

tip-up
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

Hey tip-up. I live in Aylmer and just came from the Aylmer marina. Talked to a bunch of guys fishing there and the Pike bite is on all winter in the marina itself. Last year a 22lbs pike was caught through the ice there. People are catching walleye out in front of the break walls, but action is slow. Perch can be caught anywhere in the area. There is 12-18" of ice so far and everybody seems to be into good fish at some point during the day as well there are huts starting to appear in the bay.
Let me know if ur coming out this way and maybe we can hook up. Just make sure u have your Quebec license.
Hope this helps.
JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

thanks for the report JP. i have actualy met you before on crappie bay with my brother .if all goes good we should be down there tomorrow heading for the early bite!

tip-up
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

See u there. TLSea and I will be there about 10ish in the am
JP
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

HI JP

i am looking to go try the ottawa river in your corner body,,,,,,,,

ok did you try deschene this year and how s the ice over there,,,,
and what about aylmer and luskvile?

how s the ice wit all that rain?

chould be nice on ice tomorow,,,,,,,

see you on hard ice((((i am the one wit little gray nissan suv)))

take care guyssssss

joco
Graembo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

license?

Post by Graembo »

hey, do you have to have a quebec license if you head out onto the Ottawa from the Ontario side??????
THanks,
Graeme
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: license?

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Graembo wrote:hey, do you have to have a quebec license if you head out onto the Ottawa from the Ontario side??????
THanks,
Graeme
No :!:
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

Hey Graembo. If u are fishing on the quebec side, even though u are coming from the Ontario side, u do need a quebec license. Had a talk with a quebec conservation officer a while back and they said the ice is an extention of the land, so u would need a quebec license to be safe.

Hey Joco. Haven't been to the deschene area yet, but the ice in and arround the Aylmer marina is between 12-18" with 10" being black ice. The rain hasn't effected the ice much even though there are large pools of water on it, there was no cracking going on. I would stay in the bays and not head out in the channel. The rise in water level will increase current and could weeken the ice in the main body.
I'll be out by 10am in the Aylmer marina. I'll be wearing a grean survival suit and a red hat with a blue fish trap. Can't wait. Look for my blue Jimmy in the parking lot.

Hey Tip-up. From what I understand, people have been catching perch just out in front of the break wall at the marina. Hope to see u on th ice.
JP
Last edited by JP on Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graembo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

thanks

Post by Graembo »

Ya i figured it'd be easy to get a hard time if I were closer to their side.....I'll stay closer to the home province !

Thanks
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

JP wrote:Hey Graembo. If u are fishing on the quebec side, even though u are coming from the Ontario side, u do need a quebec license. Had a talk with a quebec conservation officer a while back and they said the ice is an extention of the land, so u would need a quebec license to be safe.

JP
Hey JP, do you know if that's in the regs :?: I can't see how just because the water is hard, the rule would be different :?: :?: It may be but, I can't imagine it :!:

And as Graembo has stated, stay closer to this side anyway to be safe :!:
I'd like to get this one cleared up :!:
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

WIG wrote;
Hey JP, do you know if that's in the regs I can't see how just because the water is hard, the rule would be different It may be but, I can't imagine it
I can only tell u what the Quebec conservation officer explained to me. He said that if u are fishing on the quebec side, they assume that u gained access to the water from the quebec side, thus u are fishing in quebec, but couln't find anything in the regs to back it up. But as said earlier, I would error on the safe side so as not to get in hot water.
Hope this helps.
JP
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

HUH?!?

Post by Cancatchbass »

"the ice is an extention of the land":shock:

?!?!?!?!?!

You learn something new every day.

Yeah, right...

CCB
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I think thi sone has to be cleared up......theres no way the ice is an extension of the land.....

calling the Ontario guys will get you nowhere on this one....the PQ guys should be able to answer it....but with the extension thinking...who knows???... :?
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

It would be good to know. I only have an Ontario license and as an Ontario resident I am not will to pay the stupid amount Quebec wants for a non-resident license!
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

I have checked the Quebec regs and there was no mention of the ice being part of the land. Again, I was told this by a Quebec conservation officer in the fall so I mentioned it to be on the safe side.
Here is the web site for Quebec regs.
www.fapaq.gouv.qc.ca
When u get on the site u can go to the english version by clicking the ENGLISH button on the top right of the page.
Hope this clears things up.