Just to say hello

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Just to say hello

Post by Pints »

I guess it is about time I said hello. I have lurked in the background for a while now, getting the feel of the aboard. I big thank you to fish hawk and the moderators. This is a superior board compared to “the others”, and the members who contribute make this site the success it is.

I wish to thank my 8 year old grandson for getting me back into fishing this year, after a lull of many, many years. It has been a great experience taking him out and teaching him to fish; plus reminding me of what a fantastic and relaxing pastime fishing is.

Since, I don’t have a boat, shore fishing is our means of angling. However, after reading some of the past posts by members of this board. I have picked up several locations for us to try next year. A big thank you again to the members of this board.

To continue with my ramble, I had the opportunity to visit Paddletales on Saturday. I only had time for a short visit, and could not stay for the fine vittles being prepared. I loved the place. Quality equipment, and friendly knowledgeable staff. Stores like this are a blessing. Congratulations to Ed for a job well done. The fact that there were reps from some of his suppliers, is a testimony to Ed’s integrity, and respect earned from these people. I must try to make a Thursday evening gathering sometime.

Thanks for the opportunity to babble.

LarryS
Ottawa
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Welcome LarryS...and yes Ed is a gret guy who puts on a great show and has a great staff..
Lets see if we can't get you and your grandchild out in a boat or two next season...
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

That would be great, I would like for him to catch something of a respectable size. Thank God for Dow's Lake and the multitude of panfish this summer, it was exciting to see him catch his first fish, and they are so plentiful, that it kept his interest up.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Welcome, LarryS; I hope you have lots of fun times fishing with your grandson in the years ahead!

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

Glad to see a "lurker" come out of the shadows, welcome aboard Larry!
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

Thanks for the welcome. I certainly am looking forward to many years of fishing with my grandson. Grandsons, actually, he has two younger brothers, on just turned 4 and the other one is 17 months. Looks like a bright fishing future ahead for me.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Hey LarryS

Welcome to the fish-hawk commuinity, It's good to see a lurker come out of the closet :wink: , i think you will find almost all the info you will need to have a successful days fishing here, on shore or in a boat, :D :D
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Welcome aboard LarryS,

We're a pretty tame bunch! Well, on the board anyway :!: :shock:
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Hey LarryS,

On behalf of Fishhawk, myself, and the entire Hawk Talk community of anglers, welcome to the site. I always love to hear new people joining and enjoying the conversations that go on in here. Great to hear about you fishing with your grandson. That's what it's really all about.

Take care and I look forward to your post.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Welcome to Hawk Talk LarryS. Its great to see that you get what this place is all about.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D Going to have to start a junior hawk talk soon with all the kids grabbing rods.. :wink: