Lake trout fishing near Gatineau

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
PerchSlayer123
Participant
Participant

Lake trout fishing near Gatineau

Post by PerchSlayer123 »

Hello,
I’m on the Quebec side and I was wondering what is a good spot near Gatineau (within a 1:30h drive) that I could hook into some decent lake trout fishing. I don’t have a snowmobile so going out to spots on big water like 31 miles might be a little more complicated that being said I don’t mind walking 1-2km out on the ice.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by PerchSlayer123 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and he’ll go broke.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Lake trout fishing near Gatineau

Post by smitty55 »

I'm not sure how many Lake trout lakes are actually open for ice fishing anymore. Your best bet would be to check with the Ministry.
Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

I agree with Smitty. I don't know much about PQ fishing. Your best bet is to check regs, and or inquire at a local bait shop if they are open in these times.

F.F
PerchSlayer123
Participant
Participant

Post by PerchSlayer123 »

Thanks for the advice.
Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and he’ll go broke.
FishEyes
Participant
Participant

Post by FishEyes »

Sorry dude... I think you're SOL ice-fishing for trout in Zone 10 (Gatineau/Outaouais). https://peche.faune.gouv.qc.ca/regpec/e ... Id_Zone=10

You're gonna have to hop across the creek into God's Country if you want trout fish. As a former QC resident (40+ years), I feel your pain.
Steve. :banana-guitar:
PerchSlayer123
Participant
Participant

Post by PerchSlayer123 »

Thanks.
Last edited by PerchSlayer123 on Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

SMH
Smitty

Straight shooter
Zach bros Outdoors
Participant
Participant

Post by Zach bros Outdoors »

Yeah if you're looking to catch lake trout, you might want to look into getting an ontario licence.

It might be a bit far for you, but I've heard there is good lake trout fishing on muskrat lake out in the renfrew county area. I'm in downtown Ottawa, right on the other side of the river, and it would be a bit over an hour's drive for me to get there. A local who has been fishing muskrat lake for 15 years told me the lake trout bite mostly in march when the shacks are off the ice... lol.

Good luck!