Lower Beverly

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
bsc2000
Participant
Participant

Lower Beverly

Post by bsc2000 »

Hi all,

Well after about 12 years, i have finally gotten back to fishing Lower Beverly, and boy do none of the old tricks seem to work. After 2 days of fishing over the weekend, the boat had a total of 2 fish brought in, and they were tiny to boot.

Does anyone fish there regularly? Any tips? Colours?

We tried everything from buzzers, to chatterbaits, to senkos.......not much luck.

HELP!

lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Lower Beverly

Post by lape0019 »

Fished there a few years ago in a tournament and all of our fish were caught close to shore on a texas rig (3/8oz weight) worm or tube or a 3/8oz or 1/2oz jig with trailer.

Other than the time we were fishing Lyndhurst creek, most of the time, we were in 5-15fow and they were tight to shore. like no more than 5 feet away. circumstances were eerily similar to what happened this weekend with a thunderstorm rolling into the area the night before.
Moobe
Participant
Participant

Re: Lower Beverly

Post by Moobe »

Only fished there three times. First time out i tried it all and got SKUNKED a full day of burning gas... got back to the launch and met a fella who had 3 nice largies (4lbs+) he said it was all about the drop shot there. Near the island shelves and lynhurst creek with creature baits. We camped over night and hit it the next day I had luck with the DS got a few nice large mouth and one smallie. Day three was a repeat of day one. Without mapping etc it was a real challenge for sure. I hear that there is a bait shop (WINGS baits i think) apparently they have good bait and good advice. That lake looked perfect but I have yet to have a good day. Im going for round two late sept to see if I can redeem myself.