Bay of Quinte Walleye

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Fish-Master
Participant
Participant

Bay of Quinte Walleye

Post by Fish-Master »

Hey Guys, Im headed to Quinte next week and just wondering how these high waters are affecting the area, I will be situated basically in the middle between Napanee River and Hay Bay, Just hope I am able to dock my boat or is water so high that some docks are submerged?, And of course How are the bites? Last year I went and we caught tons of fish but they were all 13-17" with only one 22" with 3 boats fishing for a whole week Thanks!
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Bay of Quinte Walleye

Post by curls »

Extremely high and very murky/muddy water from Big Bay to Long Reach. I'd bet it's the same all along the bay.
Docks at County Shores were basically unusable unless you like to slip and swim in that cold water!
Sensrookie
Participant
Participant

Re: Bay of Quinte Walleye

Post by Sensrookie »

Fish-Master wrote:Hey Guys, Im headed to Quinte next week and just wondering how these high waters are affecting the area, I will be situated basically in the middle between Napanee River and Hay Bay, Just hope I am able to dock my boat or is water so high that some docks are submerged?, And of course How are the bites? Last year I went and we caught tons of fish but they were all 13-17" with only one 22" with 3 boats fishing for a whole week Thanks!
We're headed for that area tomorrow. :mrgreen: I'm really looking forward to getting the boat out and trying out the new equipment. 8)

How are you fishing? Last year was really bad. They went to the deeper waters by this time last year. Really strange year and this one may hold out to be some thing different too. I hear they are biting still so that's a good sign.