Careful out there - Car through the ice last night

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Flipper
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Careful out there - Car through the ice last night

Post by Flipper »

RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Careful out there - Car through the ice last night

Post by RJ »

I'd wager a hefty sum that the people in that car were NOT ice fishing, yet everyone will be telling us to stay off the ice.....

RJ
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Young guy out driving Dad's new truck. Didn't know about the rocky shoal that hardly ever freezes. Truck was taken out the next day just by a pickup with a winch and wooden boards it was a couple of feet of water.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
jesse.page
Participant
Participant

Post by jesse.page »

Pretty familiar with that stretch of the river there. ALWAYS open water their all year round, anyone that's fishing knows not to go anywhere close to that spot in the river. There has actually been to separate times vehicles have gone through this year now. The first one was a truck, the second was a car that was only in a couple FOW... I have pictures of it on my phone :lol: All this being said, both weren't out there to be fishing. Terrible publicity for all of us guys out there to fish...