Montego Bay (Jamaica) fishing charters?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
goudieb
Participant
Participant

Montego Bay (Jamaica) fishing charters?

Post by goudieb »

Hi. Does anybody have any recommendations on fishing charters in the Montego Bay (Jamaica) area? My wife and I are taking a trip in late November and would like to try a new fishing experience.

Thanks,
Brian
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Montego Bay (Jamaica) fishing charters?

Post by CBB »

I have always just looked for a local and stayed away from the commercial guys. Just ask around and remember to tell them what you want to catch. Have fished all of the islands and both sides of Mexico with great luck with a local fishermen.
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

I've always been underwhelmed with the charters I've booked down south. However, the best fishing I had was from Montego Bay. I gave a guy offering snorkel and fishing tours $100 to take me and the wife out for a couple hours before breakfast and we had a blast. We ended up catching most of our fish trolling a silver and black Shad Rap I had brought. Hiring the charter offered by the resort is in my experience a good way to throw up on a boat for 4 hours and catch no fish. I might have pictures of the guy's boat if you want to find him in Mo Bay assuming he's still offering tours.
Yannick
Yannick Loranger
Owner and Head Guide
Ottawa River Guided Fishing
http://www.OttawaRiverFishing.ca
goudieb
Participant
Participant

Post by goudieb »

Thanks for the replies gentlemen.

Yannick, if you don't mind passing the info on to me, I'd appreciate it. Out of curiosity, where did you stay in Mo Bay?

Brian