You think lakes will be open in 2 weeks?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: You think lakes will be open in 2 weeks?

Post by Jul0682 »

smitty55 wrote:Tks for the info Joco. Neat stuff. Yea Mikes cabins rings a bell so far as the ex-biker. I think lol. No matter
Lac des Pere, did that lake not have a monastery on it and was also known locally as Priest Lake among les Anglais? Good trout fishing but private I think. The bottom of the chute into Roddick from there was a good spot for Whitefish if I recall. Or am I mixed up with La Vielle? It's been a long time lol.

Cheers
Yeah I'm pretty sure u are right, I remember that lake being called Hp that as well.. yeah at the bottom of the falls on roddick is a good fishing spot for sure.. we used to park our boat there and walk up a trail all the way up to that lake a fish there, but now someone ulterra a cottage there. But I think now the only way there is by another trail with a view tower on the top of the mountain but it quite a longuer hike then before..
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Yea I talked to my old bud this morning. He has been on Little Roddick/Petit lac Rond for 23 years now and his cottage is right near the falls. He calls the upper lake Priest Lake as well. And yes Mikes cabins is the ex biker. He has an original map from the area and on that map the whole lake is called Roddick, there is no big and little.
He's going up next weekend and figures the ice should be off by then.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Smilly

Yes there is a pries cottage on this lake i have there many time,,,by 4 wheeler and by foot,,there is a lock fence, they have a huge land its a main lodge and few mini cottage beside it,!

Wen we start going to preist lake by portaging by that set of rapid,,,whitch we can go up anymore because someone as build a cottage right there now sadly,,,,annd a coworker wife is uncle is the man that take care of the land and tjose priest cottage!,,,they were alone onnthat lake for many decades! Sadly not anymore!!!

Joco
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Jul. About the dear lodge,,,first not sure the one i am talk about is still call dear lodge,

Dear lodge was very old all buils in logs. Very croked logs haha. We were playing pool and all ball were going on one side of the table,,hahaha. Love that place. This was in the 80 s but going there in the 70 and was old then,,,,,,,,then they sold sold the place and they put ot down and buil a big one and few cottage beside it.

I try to find old pict of the dear lodge!

Joco
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

joco wrote:Jul. About the dear lodge,,,first not sure the one i am talk about is still call dear lodge,

Dear lodge was very old all buils in logs. Very croked logs haha. We were playing pool and all ball were going on one side of the table,,hahaha. Love that place. This was in the 80 s but going there in the 70 and was old then,,,,,,,,then they sold sold the place and they put ot down and buil a big one and few cottage beside it.

I try to find old pict of the dear lodge!

Joco
OK I know where your talking about, it's right beside the new lodge now on the left if your own the lake correct? Yeah thought u meant the new one.. haha.. must of been hard to play pool that for sure.. haha
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

Nice to see how many of us know someone or is one that lake.. it's awesome how small this world is yet so big.. awesome to be able to talk to all of you.. :)
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Smitty if is cottgae is near the falls that meens he those past the cross road that lead to the pries cottage and a road that leas ro priest also,,,been on those road so many time in 4 wheelers, more 3 wheelers then lol

But what is sad then there was no cottage at the falls,,now there is right there like almosg in it, right in my old portage sadly.

Still looking for old deer lodge picts or domaine du chevreuil themold one not the new one.
Are lakes some call it roddick lake,,,some call it lac rond etc

Joco
Fkawee
Participant
Participant

Post by Fkawee »

That's was interesting, never know ewe that history and glad to know now.. yeah that deer lodge isn't that old, I remember when it was getting built and everything. . Yeah went through a few owners that for sure.. lol[/quote]
before that square building that is there now there used to be this Really quaint little Lodge torn down years ago
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Hi FK,,the new one is notnold the older one was vety old,,,to bad they tear it sownnto build that new one,

It was a old huge log shacks,,,,we were going there ends of the 70's and the 80,s. ,,,few fishing derbies every summer. Goodmold time. I know a cowrker that use to work there in sumer job in the 80 s mabe he still as picts,

Joco
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Old ads looking for worker
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/3034728 ... te_quebec/

http://grandlacrond.homestead.com/Anglais/histoire.html

Trying to find the true story,,, we baught are land there during the 74 flooding

And it was there,,plus my father was going there in the 50 ,s andwas already there,,,use to have many usa people going up there actualy all are nabers were all americans all of them in the 70/80. Now most all gone. But still are next two are california imagine they come twomweek a year frome california,,,for the past min 50 years and still guive yhe cottage to familly meber as year past by so cool.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

I'm curious why they wanted to change the name of the lake. It was Roddick first.
Also, wasn't there some real bad algae blooms there maybe 6 or 7 years back caused by agricultural runoff? Did they ever get that straightened out?

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Fkawee
Participant
Participant

Post by Fkawee »

joco wrote:Old ads looking for worker
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/3034728 ... te_quebec/

http://grandlacrond.homestead.com/Anglais/histoire.html

Trying to find the true story,,, we baught are land there during the 74 flooding

And it was there,,plus my father was going there in the 50 ,s andwas already there,,,use to have many usa people going up there actualy all are nabers were all americans all of them in the 70/80. Now most all gone. But still are next two are california imagine they come twomweek a year frome california,,,for the past min 50 years and still guive yhe cottage to familly meber as year past by so cool.
Ya pic of that old place would bring back memories. ..
Remember in the guys can, the electrical wiring with exposed live wires lol
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

So.... Anyone get up to any lakes to check this weekend?
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BradGuenette »

Tip-up wrote:So.... Anyone get up to any lakes to check this weekend?

There's a couple lakes with little open sections up around Otter lake, everything that doesn't have something flowing into it is still frozen.
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Tip up. Stories ar long to read hey. Sorry :lol:

This tread as took a side road.

Should get news tonight about roddick lake ice frome live today.

Just 5 days to go mmmm dont think so.

For me wen i see lake leamy going then its pretty done,

Joco