Ice Reports 2016

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
CCLad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Ice Reports 2016

Post by CCLad »

As for the depth I was really surprised. It must be around 14 feet where we are set up (Although I did not use any electronics to verify - just dropped the jig to the bottom and lifted). We must have found a small hole as I have fished these parts for a long time and not seen that depth.
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

Currently at Muskrat sitting over 70' of water under 9" of black ice. Not surprisingly, I'm not the only one out here today. Be safe out there..... :D
If you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Appreciate the effort on this thread fellas. To those who are heading out PLEASE be sure to check ice as you go, relying on ice conditions reports is great but you are inevitably responsible for your safety.

RJ
AuldAnglerSyne
Participant
Participant

Post by AuldAnglerSyne »

Thanks for another Muskrat update, beachburger. Sounds like there's lots of good ice, but still some 'soft' spots. I'll be at a place near the north west of the lake. It's a little narrower there. Should be good ice, but I'll be taking the necessary precautions. So how is the bite?
AuldAnglerSyne
Participant
Participant

Post by AuldAnglerSyne »

Does anyone know if Muskrat Lake is completely frozen over now? An earlier post (Haulin Bass) said that Hydro Bay was still open last weekend.
Haulin Bass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Haulin Bass »

Have not seen the whole lake but the southern half is frozen over . Saw one pressure hole with water coming up on the ice about 40 ft from shore on Sunday afternoon. Where I was fishing there was 7 inches of ice. There was 3 inches there last weekend .So I would say the area that was open still would not have a great depth of ice. Just my observations for 1 small part of this lake. Looked like tent cities in the usual spots.
sgtMeowsteen
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by sgtMeowsteen »

Mississippi Lake isn't quite ready for vehicle traffic...saw pictures of someone who put the front end of their truck through the ice, not far from shore, near the main part of the lake.

Believe it was pulled out by a tow truck.