Kiwanis Walleye World.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Seabass81
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Kiwanis Walleye World.

Post by Seabass81 »

This season we have bought tickets to to big kiwanis walleye world derby. I had a few questions that some of you may be able to answer.

Do I need to check in before I start fishing? As well as do I need to launch at a weigh station or is any launch ok?

I am looking for a decent launch in the Hay Bay area , can anybody tell me the conditions of the shermans point launch as well as the hay bay church launch? Will I find anywhere to park?

Thanks
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Kiwanis Walleye World.

Post by Wallyboss »

The only thing that I can say John is that if you expect to launch the morning of the start of the tourney better get there early. The one year that I did that tourney we had private launch and dock to use close to the launch in Desoronto and when we headed out fishing the main launch at Desoronto was a zoo!!!!

I don't think that you have to check in anywhere. Unless the guy that had picked up all of our tickets had checked in before showing up at our campsite.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

KIWANIS WALLEYE WORLD LIVE RELEASE FISHING DERBY
May 2nd and 3rd, 2015
A completely LIVE RELEASE event!
1. The event will begin May 2 at 12:01 a.m. and end May 3 at 4:00 p.m.
2. All fish must be legally hooked on legal tackle. Any evidence of net, gaff or snag marks will immediately disqualify that fish from competition.
3. All boat occupants must be registered entrants.
4. All fish entered, must have been hooked and played to landing by the angler entering such fish. Any attempt to falsify entries will result in disqualification and prizes forfeited.
5. Fish that have been transported across land in a vehicle will not qualify.
6. Each contestant will be required to provide proof of entry at weigh in.
7. Prize winning entries will require a completed affidavit.
8. All prize winning fish must be confirmed as a “live release” by officials.
9. This organization and/or its sponsors will not be liable for injury to any person, contestant or spectator and will not be responsible for any loss of property. Contestants compete in this event at their own risk.
10. All decisions by the Judges will be final.
11. In the event of a tie weight, the first fish weighed in will take priority position in all prize categories. Each fish may win only one prize.
12. Juniors, age 12 and under as of May 3rd, 2014 will be eligible for the Junior prizes, Hidden Weight and Tagged Fish categories.
13. The areas north of No. 1 dam in Trenton and north of CPR bridge in Belleville are ineligible.
14. MNR Rules and Regulations must be followed.
UP-
MichaelVandenberg
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MichaelVandenberg »

Seabass81 wrote:This season we have bought tickets to to big kiwanis walleye world derby. I had a few questions that some of you may be able to answer.

Do I need to check in before I start fishing? As well as do I need to launch at a weigh station or is any launch ok?

I am looking for a decent launch in the Hay Bay area , can anybody tell me the conditions of the shermans point launch as well as the hay bay church launch? Will I find anywhere to park?

Thanks
There is no need to check in anywhere. You simply launch, fish and then head into one of the designated areas (http://www.kiwaniswalleyeworld.com/v2/weigh-stations) where there is a scale when you have a fish to weigh. As CN stated, make sure everyone in the boat has a derby ticket.

http://www.kiwaniswalleyeworld.com

As documented in the derby rules:
Fish cannot be transported across land. Is this new rule?
This has been the law for several years. For more information, visit http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca.

Cheers,
Mike