TEAM 28

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: TEAM 28

Post by StarTzar »

Spence Scout wrote:
To the Dufours you didnt succeed on the Larry it kicked your butt.. Ive been there it hurts..But when days like that occurred it made me want to set a date to go back and figure out how I messed it up. Id go to bed earlier then ever, and get up even earlier just to get back there. Youll figure it out, and when you do it will hit you right in the face! Goodl uck in your future tournaments.
Spence,

Can't wait to go back on the mighty St. Lawrence. It owes us big time.

We are preparing for the last Qualifier. Next week on the Franny.
Tomorrow (pre-fishing) will be our first time out there.
Our only chance to make it to the Classic is to win on the Franny.
If we don't go with that attitude (we have a lot of that) we may as well stay home.
Needless to say that we'll be searching for some nickles and a six pack.

Adversity is a good thing. Keeps you honest and leaves you with wanting more.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

Spence Scout wrote:
To the Dufours you didnt succeed on the Larry it kicked your butt.. Ive been there it hurts..But when days like that occurred it made me want to set a date to go back and figure out how I messed it up. Id go to bed earlier then ever, and get up even earlier just to get back there. Youll figure it out, and when you do it will hit you right in the face! Goodl uck in your future tournaments.
Spence,

Being on the St-Lawrence was not a complete failure. It did bring back some good memories.
As we were fishing the flats near Chrysler beach, I started to remissness about the days when we used to go to Chrysler beach and Upper Canada Village. Always wondered what those places looked like from the water. The train and the tower and the farm ........
The picture was taken back in 1987 in the park at Chrysler beach. Maverick was 6 and my daughter was 3.
I remember staring out at the St Lawrence back then and wondering what it would be like to fish that body of water.
Who would have thought that I would find out 27 years later.
Those memories are worth a whole lot more than a limit of Bass.

But next time, screw the memories and bring on the Bass.

BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
Spence Scout
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spence Scout »

Your right STAR that in itself is a victory right there! Father/Son very lucky to be fishing together as a team! Good on ya!

Goodluck on the Larry tomorrow
Pembrokespanky
Participant
Participant

Post by Pembrokespanky »

Spence Scout wrote:Pembrokespanky - Some people take fishing seriously because its their right too. Those who play hockey, take hockey very seriously. Those who play football, take football very seriously. There is nothing wrong with a passionate individual trying to master ones interest. Whether it be competitive fishing, hockey, horseshoes whatever it may be. In fact it is an admirable trait. Some fish for a relaxing get away from the annoying spouse etc. or its a form of therapy or maybe all combined who knows what everyone's reasons are. So I say pick up the Cumaras, maybe even buy another one. And try harder. And youll notice that the guys who take fishing seriously in this thread were the ones to quickly defend the Dufours.

People that take it that seriously can take it seriously all they want, doesn't give them the "right" to be a jerk in the process. I have enough Cumaras, Legend Tournaments and Crucials, don't need any more, and I don't need to try harder, I am enjoying the sport at my current level and don't judge my success in life by the count in the livewell or the position at the weigh-in, or by the value of my gear.

This is nothing more than a personal issue between individuals. If someone takes fishing that seriously that they see things in Smitty's comments about ALL tournament fisherpeople it is time to take a step back, as it probably points to other issues/problems.
Shayne O'Brien
Spence Scout
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spence Scout »

Pembrokespanky - for the record I wasnt telling you to try harder..thats how the serious tournament anglers think..they are constantly thinking of ways to improve or new things to try.
Pembrokespanky
Participant
Participant

Post by Pembrokespanky »

Spence Scout wrote:Pembrokespanky - for the record I wasnt telling you to try harder..thats how the serious tournament anglers think..they are constantly thinking of ways to improve or new things to try.

Understood...I do follow the techniques used on both professional bass and walleye tournament trails, this is where things such as bottom bouncers (walleye) and flippin'/pitchin' (bass) were developed and became mainstream techniques today.
Shayne O'Brien
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Wow !...and here thought Fish-Hawk was dead ????

1. Smitty55 is probably one of the nicest you'll ever meet....even though I never met him :D .
2. When the HEAVY HITTERS of Fish-hawk are replying to a thread, ie ( RJ ) ( Paul Shibata )Spence Scout ) you know someone has crossed the line !!
3. Jimmy1 wrote.....even on a bad day we finish with our limit of fish.....who cares ?? :roll: :confusion-shrug:
4. If Marc Dufour has a reel for sell and lets say he's asking 140.00, just give him a 100.00 and he'll say Close enough !! ;)
5. Cprince wrote ...Shut up Bass Addict !...Wow, that's rude :twisted:
6. CN wrote....Fish-Hawk needs more bird pics. Just check out the photo gallery on OFN. :idea:
7. Jimmy1 wrote....even on a bad day we finish with our limit of fish.....who cares !!
8. Jimmy1 wrote....even on a bad day we finish with our limit of fish.....who cares ??
9. Jimmy1 wrote...ah, who cares !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Sure hope Bobber paid the bill lately because the bandwidth from this thread may sink the site!

BRUFAN.....best post on here in 5 years. Birdee literally asked me from the other room what was so funny. Great stuff.

Whacked and stacked em on the big lake today...too bad I missed all this. NOT!

RJ
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

Seriously FH needs a favorite or like option for posts BRUFAN would've got the Cup!
Riverdog out...
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
Paul Shibata
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Paul Shibata »

Paul: I personally feel you are a great ambasador to the renegades series and fishing in general and respect your htoughts as well so I want to know if you took this post as a personall insult to you and the series. If so then maybe my views on life are a little bit more relaxed than most. I also feel that Team #28 gained a bunch of respect from me for how they handled this post...which concidering was directed at them only I find very admirable and grown up.
Thank you for the kind words. Renegade is a registered "not for profit" series and I was fortunate to be amongst the group of volunteer anglers which help start the series 19 years ago (yikes!). I continue to serve on the volunteer board of directors and will do so as long as they'll have me or I no longer feel that I am contributing in a positive manner. I have over the years involved myself in an effort to support almost every fishing endeavor which encourages participation in the sport which we all love so much. I think we can all agree that the hours spent fishing are not deducted from the timeline of our lives so each of us should try to influence as many persons to fish both young and old. There is no hierarchy to fishing so as long as you are fishing irrespective of the species or technique than I am happy. This same sentiment is common within the Renegade Board as we view ourselves as no better or worse than any other segment within the fraternity of anglers. Our collective motivation stems from all things positive and measurable improvements, however negativity is terribly deflating and so quickly forces us to question our desire to volunteer.

I apologize for the babble, but thought it was important to define my perspective to help clarify my response to your question. Smitty's comments were his own and though I didn't agree with his viewpoint nor his delivery, I do respect his opinion. I certainly didn't interpret his perspective as a personal insult to myself or Renegade Bass. It was sufficiently obvious that Smitty hadn't intended to do so. In fact it was merely coincidental that Team 28 was part of Renegade as I would have chimed in regardless of where they may have been competing. I did speak up because I felt that I had some experience that may have been helpful in my defense of these two competitors. Those that know me well, recognize that I have pretty strong protective instincts and though Frank and Marc Antoine are more than capable of fending for themselves, I tend to say something in these situations. In the end I elected to respond only because I know how hard it is to walk across the stage after a tough day and to ridicule an outcome is in poor taste in my books.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

Pembrokespanky wrote:
Spence Scout wrote:Pembrokespanky - Some people take fishing seriously because its their right too. Those who play hockey, take hockey very seriously. Those who play football, take football very seriously. There is nothing wrong with a passionate individual trying to master ones interest. Whether it be competitive fishing, hockey, horseshoes whatever it may be. In fact it is an admirable trait. Some fish for a relaxing get away from the annoying spouse etc. or its a form of therapy or maybe all combined who knows what everyone's reasons are. So I say pick up the Cumaras, maybe even buy another one. And try harder. And youll notice that the guys who take fishing seriously in this thread were the ones to quickly defend the Dufours.

People that take it that seriously can take it seriously all they want, doesn't give them the "right" to be a jerk in the process. I have enough Cumaras, Legend Tournaments and Crucials, don't need any more, and I don't need to try harder, I am enjoying the sport at my current level and don't judge my success in life by the count in the livewell or the position at the weigh-in, or by the value of my gear.

This is nothing more than a personal issue between individuals. If someone takes fishing that seriously that they see things in Smitty's comments about ALL tournament fisherpeople it is time to take a step back, as it probably points to other issues/problems.
WHY ARE YOU TAKING THIS SO PERSONAL?

Maybe you should take your own advice? Seems to be that you are taking this post very seriously and personally. For someone who joined in 2010 and only has 25 posts, (as of Saturday morning), 15 are in this thread. Although post count is not important it seems to me something in this thread struck a nerve.

You posted, others called you out. Having met most of the guys who posted on here (not Maverick Startzar. JImmy? or Smitty55) I can say that ost of the time their opinions are worth listening to.

RJ as become an ambassador to fishing.

Paul Shibata's knowledge of fishing, technology and the work he has done for angling/anglers gives him a perspective I can only hope to come close to.

Spence started as a goofy sales clerk at LeBaron. Even then his knowledge of fishing was far superior than most seasoned Renegade Bass veterans. Shimano went after him - to get him to work for them because of his knowledge and work ethic. A work ethic that also shows in his angling. As he stated he almost won the Classic because he "swung for the fences".

As for other on here AlmonteFisher (Pete) has been nothing but classy and when he does feel he has stepped over his personal line, he reflects and usually apologizes.

Bass Addict is absolutely nuts. I would never get in a sunfire with him, nor let him fix anything thats broken (He has this hydraulic press that he is fond of) most of his posts and fishing adventures with Cprince are gut-busters. His bird pics are great.

CPrince is a farmer, IT worker from Quebec (a foreign country) and moderator . He is as nuts as BassAdict - actually crazier, as he does ride in the sunfire. Yet when it comes to moderating he is quite fair.

Brufan - lets not talk about anyone who likes the Bruins. They have enough problems.

Jimmy1 - he's changed his name as many times as he has been banned.

For all who come here there have been and are many FHawkers who for some reason may annoy. While my first reaction is to call them out (as Smitty55 did and look what happened). My next reaction is to block them (Pembroke you certainly warrant it). Wanted to do that with BassAddict, Fishing24/7, Jimmy(whatever he called himself) and a few others. I didn't. Eventually you learn to either laugh with them or just plain ignore them.

So Smitty55 decided to ignore/block Team28. who cares. his loss because now he won't see what they are up to. I do not know what went on in PM's
between them. From the public posts I could see nothing that would get my knickers in a knot (palomar is my favourite).
In conclusion cause I gotta go fishing let me say:

ITS THE FREAKIN' INTERNET - IT DOESN'T MATTER
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

-crunch happened
-50 flushes -up it came again
-Smitty plunged -got back sprayed
-floaters still swirling the bowl
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Out4trout wrote:-crunch happened
-50 flushes -up it came again
-Smitty plunged -got back sprayed
-floaters still swirling the bowl
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just part of the morning ritual here at F-H these days or what??? :? :? :?

A long thread this is to wipe up on... much of it crap, although the sphincter'd surely been winking awhile, and some could feel this pinch a coming.

I'd flush this one now for good mods... so much verbal diarrhea in this "FISH"bowl stinking up the place.

I'm gonna go with Pete... hum "Glory Days" in my head to a happy fishing hole... 8)
Pembrokespanky
Participant
Participant

Post by Pembrokespanky »

CN wrote:
Pembrokespanky wrote:

WHY ARE YOU TAKING THIS SO PERSONAL?

Maybe you should take your own advice? Seems to be that you are taking this post very seriously and personally. For someone who joined in 2010 and only has 25 posts, (as of Saturday morning), 15 are in this thread. Although post count is not important it seems to me something in this thread struck a nerve.

You posted, others called you out. Having met most of the guys who posted on here (not Maverick Startzar. JImmy? or Smitty55) I can say that ost of the time their opinions are worth listening to.

RJ as become an ambassador to fishing.

Paul Shibata's knowledge of fishing, technology and the work he has done for angling/anglers gives him a perspective I can only hope to come close to.

Spence started as a goofy sales clerk at LeBaron. Even then his knowledge of fishing was far superior than most seasoned Renegade Bass veterans. Shimano went after him - to get him to work for them because of his knowledge and work ethic. A work ethic that also shows in his angling. As he stated he almost won the Classic because he "swung for the fences".

As for other on here AlmonteFisher (Pete) has been nothing but classy and when he does feel he has stepped over his personal line, he reflects and usually apologizes.

Bass Addict is absolutely nuts. I would never get in a sunfire with him, nor let him fix anything thats broken (He has this hydraulic press that he is fond of) most of his posts and fishing adventures with Cprince are gut-busters. His bird pics are great.

CPrince is a farmer, IT worker from Quebec (a foreign country) and moderator . He is as nuts as BassAdict - actually crazier, as he does ride in the sunfire. Yet when it comes to moderating he is quite fair.

Brufan - lets not talk about anyone who likes the Bruins. They have enough problems.

Jimmy1 - he's changed his name as many times as he has been banned.

For all who come here there have been and are many FHawkers who for some reason may annoy. While my first reaction is to call them out (as Smitty55 did and look what happened). My next reaction is to block them (Pembroke you certainly warrant it). Wanted to do that with BassAddict, Fishing24/7, Jimmy(whatever he called himself) and a few others. I didn't. Eventually you learn to either laugh with them or just plain ignore them.

So Smitty55 decided to ignore/block Team28. who cares. his loss because now he won't see what they are up to. I do not know what went on in PM's
between them. From the public posts I could see nothing that would get my knickers in a knot (palomar is my favourite).
In conclusion cause I gotta go fishing let me say:

ITS THE FREAKIN' INTERNET - IT DOESN'T MATTER

By all means please put me on Ignore, it would spare me from reading your all-knowing elitist drivel. The reason my post count isn't where it "should be" is because I have avoided posting anything other than general questions, as this site has a very definite "boys club" among its members. Apparently when certain members speak up in a thread we are supposed to bow and kiss their rings, my apologies, with my low post count I wasn't aware of this.

How many new members have posted here asking about good fishing spots (Egad!!) only to be ridiculed because he wasn't aware of the CODE of the club and ask suck a pretentious question? Might provide you with a Dr. Laura/Martha Stewart/Dr. Phil kinda mojo to call someone out, but with every action comes an equal and opposite reaction.

I've chatted with a few folks here who were very helpful and didn't have an arrogant attitude about them, but I will certainly try much harder in the future to UP my post counts so that my opinion counts too.

Thank you for straightening me out, I will now surf and post on Fish-Hawk knowing my place. :roll:

You are definitely right about one thing...its just the internet and in the big picture WGAF...
Shayne O'Brien
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

Pembrokespanky wrote:

By all means please put me on Ignore, it would spare me from reading your all-knowing elitist drivel. The reason my post count isn't where it "should be" is because I have avoided posting anything other than general questions, as this site has a very definite "boys club" among its members. Apparently when certain members speak up in a thread we are supposed to bow and kiss their rings, my apologies, with my low post count I wasn't aware of this.

How many new members have posted here asking about good fishing spots (Egad!!) only to be ridiculed because he wasn't aware of the CODE of the club and ask suck a pretentious question? Might provide you with a Dr. Laura/Martha Stewart/Dr. Phil kinda mojo to call someone out, but with every action comes an equal and opposite reaction.

I've chatted with a few folks here who were very helpful and didn't have an arrogant attitude about them, but I will certainly try much harder in the future to UP my post counts so that my opinion counts too.

Thank you for straightening me out, I will now surf and post on Fish-Hawk knowing my place. :roll:

You are definitely right about one thing...its just the internet and in the big picture WGAF...
PSpanky

As someone once said " I can explain it to you I cant make you understand it". I said I considered ignoring you but would never do that -
otherwise you might miss my elitist drivel. You seem to have taken this thread to heart which was I was remarking on.

I keep hoping the mods (hey Craig) would delete some of my posts. I would get extra internet bonus points that I could use in borrowing the FHawk jet (I still need to to hit 10,000 posts before I can even get on the Jet List).