TEAM 28

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Pembrokespanky
Participant
Participant

Re: TEAM 28

Post by Pembrokespanky »

What are these gentlemens handle here on FH (the Dufours) so that I can put them on Ignore as well?
Shayne O'Brien
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Pembrokespanky wrote:What are these gentlemens handle here on FH (the Dufours) so that I can put them on Ignore as well?
Maverick

Startzar
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Pembrokespanky wrote:What are these gentlemens handle here on FH (the Dufours) so that I can put them on Ignore as well?

Spanky: If you put them on ignore then you are going to miss almost half of the usless posts on here and at least a third of the good relevant ones. They do have a different idea of humour but it sometimes kills the mundane atmosphere of the forum.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

smitty55 wrote: These two guys often go out of there way to demean and belittle people whenever they see the chance.
:?: Isn't this what you call, the pot calling the kettle black? :?:
smitty55 wrote:So why are you defending them?
Are we really Defending them? - Or are we mostly trying to point out that you insult tournament anglers in general... I think you need to read this thread again.. Most of the responses to this post are about how tournament fishing doesn't always pan out the way you want it to.. And how it's okay, it happens to the best.
That's what Rob, Paul, and everyone else meant...
smitty55 wrote: this idea being espoused by some that they were swinging for the fences all day long, well that's kinda lame to me. Sounds more like a feeble excuse. Isn't the idea to get total weight in a tourney? It sure doesn't sound like a very good strategy for a newer team especially. I mean, if targeting very large fish isn't working, would you not change techniques and maybe target 3 pounders? There's a line somewhere about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
smitty55 wrote: But you have to admit it is pretty sad for any two guys out fishing bass for a day to only catch one fish. Guides would go out of business pretty quick.

smitty55 wrote: But whatever, I'm also getting support from the other side of the fence. Do I regret it now? Nope, not at all. They had it coming.
I think you weren't expecting this kind of backlash, you wanted to trashed some guys that fish a series and had a terrible day on the water, they suck for having a one fish and in the process you're making a fool of yourself.. You Sir found a chip to use against two guys that have wronged you in the past, but you used it terribly.... :roll:
smitty55 wrote: To all those that think I went too far, well cry me a river. That's what happens when you get dragged into the sewers by rats, sometimes you have to get your boots dirty.
I only see one Rat here... Take the time to read what you write before you press that submit button..
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
Pembrokespanky
Participant
Participant

Post by Pembrokespanky »

almontefisher wrote:

Spanky: If you put them on ignore then you are going to miss almost half of the usless posts on here and at least a third of the good relevant ones. They do have a different idea of humour but it sometimes kills the mundane atmosphere of the forum.

OK, I can now put F-H handles to the names. I do think that missing out on half of the useless posts here would be a good thing (there seems to be an abundance of them here) but would hate to miss out on something relevant that I could potentially learn from.
Shayne O'Brien
cbanford
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cbanford »

almontefisher wrote:
cbanford wrote:Well I guess we are all wrong then!

As a tour organizer I have pretty much hung up my rods, so my days of zero's are over anyways! I can say it was refreshing to see Mr.Shibata (renegade bass) voice his opinion against this type of insult towards their anglers!

I have to chime in on this part of the post. Cbanford...if you are taking to heart a comment meant to be directed to an individual and or team and somehow think it is directed to all the brotheren of tourney fishing then maybe it was time to hang up the rods. I may not be a professional or semi pro angler but I was once a well sought after draft pick for baseball and if I felt every comment to one individual was directed to us all then I would have driven myself crazy. I am 100% sure that this was directed to those individuals only and not the core group as a whole. I also would like to think that someone as respected as Paul and as good of a guy as Paul did not intend that also. I am sure he has had his share of knockdowns and blow out punches directed his way and as a true professional you need to direct that negative energy in other directions and not take things so personally. In my little years of learning wisdom I have learned that not everything in life needs to be about everyone unless you crave the attention something like this brings and rides it for a while. I do not know you Cbanford and have no reason not to respect you or your thoughts but from one person who has dealt with this pressure to another....It's not always about you!!
Wow I got a good laugh outta that!

All about me, that's a good one! Just so you are aware I hung up my rods to give guys a kick butt series to fish! If I paid myself $2 per hour all year for the time I work for the series, the prize payouts would be, well the teams would need to hand me a cheque at the end of the day. I stay on shore all day to set up a stage, and prepare for charity events, prepare for 60/70/80 boats to come bring in their catch! This thread has absolutly nothing to do with me! It has to so with insulting a teams struggles, and as a organizer and a angler I have a problem with that! As I mentioned tour guys are a close group, insult 1 your insulting us all! The proof in that is the overwhelming replies from other anglers on this post!

Now just tell me I'm doing it for the money and I will have the biggest laugh ever!

About me! What a joke!!!
Pembrokespanky
Participant
Participant

Post by Pembrokespanky »

:roll: :roll: :lol:
Shayne O'Brien
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

smitty55 wrote: But you have to admit it is pretty sad for any two guys out fishing bass for a day to only catch one fish. Guides would go out of business pretty quick.
I still can't over this one, if I was coming back from a days fishing to the weigh-in 1 fish or no fish at all and someone mouth off like that to me... :shock:
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Isn't there an old saying about how arguing on the internet is like ........................
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Jimmy_1 wrote:Isn't there an old saying about how arguing on the internet is like ........................
Yup//
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

In other news, boards on fire right now look at how many people are online...
Wonder what they're reading :lol: :lol:
Pembrokespanky
Participant
Participant

Post by Pembrokespanky »

This thread brings back memories of why I don't tournament fish anymore. If folks truly take it as serious as some here it is time to give your ovaries a rest and hang up the Cumara's...
Shayne O'Brien
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Its very ala

"My nob is bigger than YOUR nob!"
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Pembrokespanky wrote:This thread brings back memories of why I don't tournament fish anymore. If folks truly take it as serious as some here it is time to give your ovaries a rest and hang up the Cumara's...
Okay, if you feel that way, it's your opinion... Its a dumb one though...

Just like Cory Banford, I feel tournament guys are out to get each other, but in the end we're a group and we stick together.

It can be online, on the water or even on the road.. We're a group, I've stopped and helped guys with engine problems on the water, fixed broken leaf spring on trailers, for guys I had NO CLUE who they were. It's about being a man and being there for your fellow man.

It's about the comraderie and the chase, if you don't get that, then I understand why you don't fish tournaments.. :lol:
brufan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by brufan »

Dear Fish-hawk friends: What I learned from this post:

- Mav and Star are bullies who wronged Smitty
- Smitty has had enough and inulted them
- Smitty has had enough and insulted their fishing prowess, or lack there of
- Money can't buy you love
- Paul wants to invite Mav, Star and Smitty to co-host his next fishing show dubbed "fish-fight on Friday night"
- Star not insulted at all, he knows he can't catch bass "yet"
- Cbanford hates fishing so much he would rather work for free than fish
- Cprince is sitting back and taking it all in, enjoying every minute of this
- Mav hates dancing, likes fishing
- Spanky wants to see an afterschool brawl, and will even out the odds
- Almontefisher started to respond, then forgot what he wanted to say and just randomly broke out with Springsteen's "Glory Day's"
- ShawnD is now taking something perfonally, can't figure out what just yet
- site about to crash again, however this time due to actual traffic
- just 3600 more posts and I can catch up to Jimmy in the useless posts category

did I miss anyone?
Brufan