Can't fish the Rideau falls from shore?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
campnfish
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Can't fish the Rideau falls from shore?

Post by campnfish »

So I was around the Rideau Falls area last night, thinking I could walk to the bottom where it pours into the Ottawa and wet my line - apparently not! Since when did they fence it all off?

I saw the hole in the fence down the delivery road to the now-closed NCC pavilion there....but I mean really guys? No 'legal' way to get to the shore to fish?

Ottawa - the city that fun forgot. If you like to do it, they'll fence if off, put up signs and charge you to park. Look what they did to Petire....

/ rant over.
Jasonb
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Can't fish the Rideau falls from shore?

Post by Jasonb »

yep... this city sucks for recreational activites
manpatches
Participant
Participant

Post by manpatches »

cough jump the fence cough
campnfish
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by campnfish »

there's a spot you can squeeze through, but I had all my tackle with me and my 'nice' rod...didn't want to risk loosing it all or something if I got caught.
Streamside88
Participant
Participant

Post by Streamside88 »

(on a side note)

I did some snorkeling around there and don't ask yourself questions as to why you get snagged on the bottom all the time, there's a bunch of construction fences lying on the bottom (along with old bikes and random scrap metal)! don't know if it was done on purpose or if they fell in while construction was being done but they are all laid down in a grid like formation ( not pilled up closer the shore/wall like they would naturally) :? .....

(and no worries I did'int get to close to the falls did'int feel like taking a ride in the washing machines.... :P found a bunch of lures and weights though haha :lol: )