Constance lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
eddieboy
Participant
Participant

Constance lake

Post by eddieboy »

Anyone know if you can eat the bass from this lake, just near Ottawa?
Thanks
Ed
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Constance lake

Post by CyrusG »

I've caught a bunch of crappie through the ice there and they tasted weedy, i always release everything out of there now. I would imagine the bass wouldn't be any better :lol:
Cy
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

there are no bass in that lake due to the over harvesting by certain people while they are out of season. :shock: :shock: :evil:
all kidding aside i have no idea as i would never eat any fish that lives in a 85 degree water full of slop
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

I have only eaten may/june cold water spawn time Crappie and barbot out of there. They were worth keeping then, that's for sure. One tour in particular on a perfect Friday afternoon off work stands out for sure with over a dozen nice slabs and close to fifty mudpout. All within a couple of hundred yards. I brought my 6hp in the car and we rented a boat cheap for the evening. Good times. Funny thing is that he only caught one crappie with his 12lb spinning outfit even though I kept offering him some 4lb leader line. Now that is stubborn lol.

Other than that I agree with Chevy. Catch, release and have fun...

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter