Ottawa Boat show

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Ottawa Boat show

Post by StarTzar »

jona38 wrote:No and no. I've yet to attend a boat show that is worth the admission. I'll be doing Paddletales as well. Ed can empty my wallet and fill my gut all in one swift motion!
Last time I was there all I wanted to purchase was a Dobyns rod.
I walked out with an NRX and a MGX. Still don't know how he did it.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

From what I remember, it didn't look like it took too much convincing.

It was the night I grabbed the 735 off of you. Have you figured out what you are replacing it with?

Maybe this weekend is the time to grab the Megabass frogging rod he has on sale?
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Thursday nights where suppose to be recon missions for this upcoming season....I shoulda kept a closer eye on the Big Guy!
Oh God! I can see it coming......"What kinda line should I be putting on this? Fluoro, Braid, Mono.....???" ;) :lol:
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

lape0019 wrote:From what I remember, it didn't look like it took too much convincing.

It was the night I grabbed the 735 off of you. Have you figured out what you are replacing it with?

Maybe this weekend is the time to grab the Megabass frogging rod he has on sale?
I'm thinking of getting a Loomis Frog Rod. That way we could participate to the Renegade Loomis reward Program.

http://www.renegadebass.com/en/rewards.html
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

TheMaverick wrote:Thursday nights where suppose to be recon missions for this upcoming season....I shoulda kept a closer eye on the Big Guy!
Oh God! I can see it coming......"What kinda line should I be putting on this? Fluoro, Braid, Mono.....???" ;) :lol:
That NRX is going to get me a 6lbs bass this year.
That's what Ed said and I believe him. 8)
Daboss
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Daboss »

I won't go to any "show" that has the nerve to charge me to look at the stuff they're trying to sell me. :roll:
Damn right I'm good in the sack...I can sleep for hours!
jona38
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jona38 »

Daboss wrote:I won't go to any "show" that has the nerve to charge me to look at the stuff they're trying to sell me. :roll:
LOL!! That's a very good point.
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BradGuenette »

StarTzar wrote:
TheMaverick wrote:Thursday nights where suppose to be recon missions for this upcoming season....I shoulda kept a closer eye on the Big Guy!
That NRX is going to get me a 6lbs bass this year.
That's what Ed said and I believe him. 8)
I was told the same thing ;)
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Same bass too. I rent him Wednesdays and Fridays
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Bassassins
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bassassins »

If anyone is coming down to the show on Saturday I will be at the FISHBUM booth all day -- would be nice to meet some of the members in person.

Smooth
http://www.facebook.com/TheBassassins
Field Staff - FISHBUM Outfitters, Angler's Choice, Streamside
#ExistToFishCanada #LiveYourAdventure
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I'll be on the Pond tomorrow at 1230 yakkin about "Fishing in Eastern Ontario". Hope to maybe swing by Ed's on the way home.

RJ
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

I was there Thursday from 2 to 6 with my gf and a friend. I enjoyed the ice fishing presentation by Big Jim and he tossed sweet HT ice rods my way. I renewed my OFAH membership. My gf bought some sweet tin signs, she bought her boaters exam for 40$. I also go two bags of stick baits for 3$ a piece. I was sad to see there were not fly fishing booths this year...

If you take the time to find the deals and show up with money, you won't be disappointed. Do I wish the main area was filled with fishing stuff instead of yatch, yes. Do I hate the fact that they charge me for parking, yes... Will I spend a lot more money at the carp show, yes....

On a lighter note, I managed to go to both LeBaron and Sail to make the best of their no tax deals... My living room was covered in goodies at 10 pm...Happy B-Day to me on Sunday!
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
Flipper
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Flipper »

Daboss wrote:I won't go to any "show" that has the nerve to charge me to look at the stuff they're trying to sell me. :roll:
Yeah, we used to go for many years with family and friends but it is priced too high now. I don't know how people can do it. $5.00 or $6.00 bucks would be reasonable and should help the vendors with the expense. It's too bad they can't find a venue that doesn't cost so much. Miss it. We used to sing like Homer on the drive there: "We're all going to da boat show..." :lol:

Carp show is still pretty good for tackle.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Well,

We ended up winning free tickets to the show and qualifying for a chance at $5000.00 to spend at the show. We loaded the kids up and were there by 11:30. The kids enjoy going on all of the boats and just looking around and I enjoy looking at the fishing boats and seeing the smiles on their faces.

We visited the birds of prey and my daughter got a great kick out of the owl they had there. I was astonished at the price of some of the bass boats there. The fully loaded Triton was close to $90,000!!! And the Z521 was not any better. I think the Bass Tracker will have to do for a few more years and I will have to revisit what I want in a boat when the time comes...

I did spend a lot if time in a Z118 and the Reatta OBW had there and have pretty much convinced myself the next boat will be a Ranger. If new, it will need to be something like a z119 which isn't as badly priced as the 5 series Rangers. The wife really liked the idea of the Reatta because it was more family oriented. We will have to see what happens there. On the plus side, she at least says she will allow me to buy a boat when the time is right so I ain't complaining.

I went and introduced myself to Yannick who seems to be a very down to earth kind of guy and then took the kids t the casting pond. We didn't end up winning the $5000, but everyone had fun and that is all that mattered.

With the boat show out of the way, I am now looking forward to Bass Opener!

Adam
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Was down there Saturday for an hour or so. VERY busy. If you were in the market for a boat it was THE place to be.

RJ