35-45 cm of snow

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Seabass81
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

35-45 cm of snow

Post by Seabass81 »

Well according to the weather network this morning we are expected to get up to 45 cm of snow on Sunday.

Not the best thing for getting on the ice early!
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

And yesterday they predicted 5-10 cm on friday. Now they changed it !

WEATHER NETWORK = Don't know S...T!
|Dore|
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

The wind will have to die off too
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Pakenham, Almonte and Appleton are frozen over with I am sure a good 1" of ice but still not safe. Made the drive to Arnprior this morning and on the way back saw the ice :D

The miss lake is starting to freeze over right across as well in some spots.....Soon boy's soon.

*********IT IS NOT SAFE ICE YET ALL SO BE PATIENT***************
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

115 days until softwater crappie season starts

Yippie!
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

Right on there CN.
The countdown started when I put the Bass Puddy Cat down for the winter.
Just counting the days and sharpening the hooks.
Heard this morning that some dude up on White Lake has been out 3 times already ice fishing.
I know it sure as heck wasn't me.
Glad to see London get clobbered, but didn't need the Army to get them mobile again like Torono did a few years back.
Hey, it's only snow, it will melt and help raise the water tables.
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

Still a few days off, but here's the latest from accuweather on predictions:

Monster Storm Could be Winter's Worst By Alex Sosnowski, Expert Senior Meteorologist
Dec 8, 2010; 1:00 PM ETShare | In areas hit by the monster snowstorm this weekend these could be the worst conditions of the winter months, factoring in snow and returning wind, cold and lake-effect.

The monster snowstorm slated for this weekend will hit portions of the Midwest, eastern Great Lakes, central Appalachians, Ontario and Quebec the hardest.

The heaviest snow is most likely to begin over northeastern Missouri and stretch across central Illinois, central Indiana, northern Ohio, northwestern Pennsylvania, western New York, southern and southwestern Ontario and southwestern and central Quebec.

Get your shovels and plows ready in St. Louis (where I live), Peoria, Chicago, Indianapolis, Columbus, Toledo, Cleveland, Detroit, Erie, Buffalo, Rochester, Toronto and Ottawa.

Heads up....some form and amount of winter weather is on its way!

tight lines

ratsotail
fish_on
Participant
Participant

Post by fish_on »

Anyone know of areas to ride snowmobiles around Ottawa. Im new to the area and don't wanna spend the money for a pass. I wont use it enough
thx
Men and fish are alike..... they both get into trouble when they open their mouths!!
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

ratsotail wrote:Still a few days off, but here's the latest from accuweather on predictions:

MonsterStorm Could be Winter's Worst By Alex Sosnowski, Expert Senior Meteorologist
Dec 8, 2010; 1:00 PM ETShare | In areas hit by the Monster snowstorm this weekend these could be the worst conditions of the winter months, factoring in snow and returning wind, cold and lake-effect.

The Monster snowstorm slated for this weekend will hit portions of the Midwest, eastern Great Lakes, central Appalachians, Ontario and Quebec the hardest.

ratsotail

Hey ratsotail, this meteorologist should write MacBay Monster Bass reports!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the heads up!

Craig
Billy Bones
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Billy Bones »

ratsotail wrote:Monster Storm Could be Winter's Worst By Alex Sosnowski, Expert Senior Meteorologist
Dec 8, 2010; 1:00 PM ETShare | In areas hit by the monster snowstorm this weekend these could be the worst conditions of the winter months, factoring in snow and returning wind, cold and lake-effect.

The monster snowstorm slated for this weekend will hit portions of the Midwest, eastern Great Lakes, central Appalachians, Ontario and Quebec the hardest.

The heaviest snow is most likely to begin over northeastern Missouri and stretch across central Illinois, central Indiana, northern Ohio, northwestern Pennsylvania, western New York, southern and southwestern Ontario and southwestern and central Quebec.

Get your shovels and plows ready in St. Louis (where I live), Peoria, Chicago, Indianapolis, Columbus, Toledo, Cleveland, Detroit, Erie, Buffalo, Rochester, Toronto and Ottawa.

ratsotail
This prediction comes from Missouri where they get a couple of inches of snow and nothing moves. I don't even trust the local weather guys that
are not happy unless they are singing doom and gloom. Stick your head out the door and have a look for yourselves!!!

Billy Bones :shock: 8) :shock: 8)
Livin outside
Participant
Participant

Post by Livin outside »

10-15cm is the new "forecast" :roll:
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Yup, changed already :roll:
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Told yall ! :roll:
|Dore|
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

It will change every day untill Sunday morning and even then they have a 50/50 chance that they will be wrong. LOL

BTW the river is starting to freeze, I'm sitting here watching ice flows going by my house. I hope to get out one more time this weekend.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
plncrzy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by plncrzy »

IMHO... the best forecast is shown here and I will decipher for you below the image;

Saturday evening to Sunday morning = 1-3 cm snow

Sunday morning to Sunday evening = 4 cm snow with 25% prob of as much as 7 cm and 25% prob of as little as 2 cm. EXTREME possibility although not likely is 16 cm.

Sunday Evening to Monday morning = 3 cm with 25% prob as much 7cm
and 25 prob as little as 2cm with EXTREME possibilility although not likely of 20 sm.

Monday morning to Monday noon = 2cm 25% prob of as much as 6cm and 25% prob as little as 1cm with extreme possibility of near 25cm but extremely doubtful.

What actually going to happen .... well, the snow amounts are going to vary A LOT from one place to another, in these types of weather systems, timming is everything. so if all the parameter (and there are many) come together at the right time you get dumped on, if one or two fall out of sync you get considerably less in varying amounts.

Yes it is a crap shoot.... your right.... the point is, that there is a possibility of all HE!! breaking loose, our job is to show what is likely to happen with some of the possibilities.

Beleive it or not ... MANY Milllions are are saved or lost based on "probabilities" (hedging bets) on what the weather is going to do for significant events.
"I wonder if other dogs think poodles
are members of a weird religious cult."
-- Rita Rudner