Great Ice fishing evening!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Musky51
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Great Ice fishing evening!

Post by Musky51 »

Tonight was a fantastic night! Started with some quick zza with Ian and Don... then accross the road to the show.

It was so great to see so many friends and seeing some new face out to this event, I must say for the first time in years I am excited to ice fish!

Tim Allard did a great talk on taking ice fishing photographs and was signing copy's of his fantastic new book - Ice Fishing The Ultimate Guide. If you have not picked up a copy and are interested on learning more about ice fishing ,this book should be on your book shelf.
Tim and I have been friends since grade 10. WHo would of thought two guys exchanging fishing mags in the back of geography class would both take the sport they love to the next level. Tim has been working hard on this project and has published so many great articles over the years.

Gord and RJ also spoke and passed the knowledge they have earned by spending countless hours on the ice. The huge crowd walked away learning more and are all cheering on the cold front that is moving through our area.

Big Jim was MC of the evening, Jim always knows how to talk to anglers and has been so influencial on many of the Ottawa area " younger" anglers. I know I have spent many hours speaking to Jim who is still always learning himself.

So great to see so many people that I wish I could of spent time on the water this year- we sure have some catching up to do and by the look of things it will be on the ice.
Raydar
Participant
Participant

Post by Raydar »

I picked up the book yesterday. Great info. This book is going to be with me all winter long. I wish I would of know about this ice fishing event, it would of been nice to meet Tim and get my book signed. O well, happy fishing everyone and be safe. 8) 8)
Keep your line in the water and there will always be a smile on your face.
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

Great night for sure! Very informative...

Raydar: The camera was rolling all night and all the "seminars" are posted on the Renegade Bass site if you haven't checked them out already.

http://www.renegadebass.com/e/media/live/ice.html

Great book for sure Tim. Hope to see more in the future!
Raydar
Participant
Participant

Post by Raydar »

If I can put the book down for a minute I'll check it out lol, thanks Nodie.
Keep your line in the water and there will always be a smile on your face.