Right Now....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Steady Eddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Right Now....

Post by Steady Eddy »

I know I should wait a few hours for the water to warm up for smallies. What are my odds of catching pike right now ? Say, 6:30 am, 5 degrees and fishing from shore ?
Steady.

Born To Fish, Forced To Work.
Seabass81
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Seabass81 »

I am by no means an expert when it comes to smallies but dont let water temp stop you! These fish know that winter is around the corner and are feeding heavily . Its all about presentation .

Last week I was getting smallies on a suspended jerk bait. I had to pause for 30 seconds before they would hit. Who knows what they want now but I would still try for em. Try dragging a tube maybe?
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Right Now....

Post by Bass Addict »

Steady Eddy wrote:I know I should wait a few hours for the water to warm up for smallies. What are my odds of catching pike right now ? Say, 6:30 am, 5 degrees and fishing from shore ?

When the weaterman can '' Master '' predicting the weather..........then maybe someone will be able to predict when the fish are going to bite.. :oops:
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

im finding pike in 30 FOW. so from shore. i dunno man.