Dumbfounded

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
LEFTHOOK
Participant
Participant

Dumbfounded

Post by LEFTHOOK »

Here's a little story that Im sure will raise the tempers of you Musky die hards.
well I went out this weekend at a shore spot I hit regularly in the Arnprior area, I was there for about an hour and a half hooked into a lung about 32" released it quickly and thought good enough for me Im outa here, as Im leaving a guy is coming in from the lake , big boat by himself figured i"d give him a hand, do so, the guy asks me if I cought anything and I replied yea just cought about a 32" musky he's response left me Dumbfounded " Did you kill the dam thing" I said WHAT!! and WHY?, he says" Because there eating all the walleye " I really didn't know what to say to this guy I know what I wanted to do to this guy. anyway what bothers me is how many musky has this guy killed and how many of his friends feel the same way. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Q; what is the law about this,I know there are size laws for keeping the fish but what about senseless slauter of a fish.

just want some thoughs so the next time I see this guy I will have LOTS to say.
:twisted: :twisted:
I like fishing with monkeys
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Dumbfounded

Post by cprince »

LEFTHOOK wrote:Here's a little story that Im sure will raise the tempers of you Musky die hards.
well I went out this weekend at a shore spot I hit regularly in the Arnprior area, I was there for about an hour and a half hooked into a lung about 32" released it quickly and thought good enough for me Im outa here, as Im leaving a guy is coming in from the lake , big boat by himself figured i"d give him a hand, do so, the guy asks me if I cought anything and I replied yea just cought about a 32" musky he's response left me Dumbfounded " Did you kill the dam thing" I said WHAT!! and WHY?, he says" Because there eating all the walleye " I really didn't know what to say to this guy I know what I wanted to do to this guy. anyway what bothers me is how many musky has this guy killed and how many of his friends feel the same way. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Q; what is the law about this,I know there are size laws for keeping the fish but what about senseless slauter of a fish.

Then you meet a bass guy who kills every walleye he catches because they are killing the bass...

Ding bat...

I don't know the ON regs... but I would think that, like in most civilized jurisdictions.. you are not allowed to kill fish unless you are legally allowed to eat them.

If you see him again.. tell him. If he continues, call the MNR if you have the guys boat reg...

Good luck with that winner.

Craig
bm_attar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bm_attar »

Why is this different, or more inhumane from bass guys killing every carp they catch (because carp is ~~~~Invasive~~~~)?

Man against nature; the never ending saga.

BM
"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

bm_attar wrote:Why is this different, or more inhumane from bass guys killing every carp they catch (because carp is ~~~~Invasive~~~~)?

Man against nature; the never ending saga.

BM
Good point.

Still hate them! Mostly because they trick me every time the boil up... I think that it is a monster bass... of pike....

:oops:

Craig
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Hey Jay....long time no speak.
Maybe this individual was not aware that Muskies are the apex predator and don't use discretion when their tummies are a growlin'

I may have asked him if he releases all the walleye he catches....maybe he should kill all those Walleye cause their eating all my Perch...<sigh>
If Winnipeg gets a hockey team, Toronto will want one too.....
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

LEFTHOOK wrote:Q; what is the law about this,I know there are size laws for keeping the fish but what about senseless slauter of a fish.
MNR Regs wrote:..."allowing fish to waste is an offence."
Simply killing any fish you catch (with the exception of your legal posession limits) would be considered wasting a fish.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

i kill goby's ,,,woah does that make me a murderer? :lol:
LEFTHOOK
Participant
Participant

Post by LEFTHOOK »

Grant buddy hows she going , we need to get out some time ben to long.
all im tryin to say with this post is that its senseless to kill any species especially native fish , unless the species in Q's is directly causing diffinative harm to native species (I.E the GoBBy.)
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

sounds a lot like someone is wasting oxygen that that rest of us could make better use of.

But, there would probably not be any point in trying to tell him anything. I am just surprized that he is dumb enough to think the general population feels the same way.
bm_attar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bm_attar »

LEFTHOOK wrote: all im tryin to say with this post is that its senseless to kill any species especially native fish , unless the species in Q's is directly causing definitive harm to native species (I.E the Goby.)
I agree.

BM
"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dead_weight »

This guy sounds like my relatives down east who say "it's the dam seals that killed the cod fishery !!" ... yeah and all the overfishing by domestic and foreign trawlers for 40 years never hurt things a bit !!!

This guy would have made my blood boil too ... there's no harm in telling him that the regs are clear in that he can't kill fish ... and if you are close enough you could also kick him in the Ba ... well perhaps stick with the regs ...
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

LEFTHOOK wrote:Here's a little story that Im sure will raise the tempers of you Musky die hards.

LEFTHOOK you should of gave that guy a LEFTHOOK, Correct me if i'm wrong folks but I think they have to be 54 inches to keep on the ottawa river. Where is the game warden when you need one :roll: :roll: . "There eating all the walleye" what kind of a statement is that, they eat everything :lol: :lol: Next time sink his boat :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
My undersized musky just ATE your trophy bass
petawawarace
Participant
Participant

Post by petawawarace »

He is just upset because he can't catch any of the walleye....like most of us know, just because they don't bite your line, doesn't mean they arn't there...what a k-nob
LEFTHOOK
Participant
Participant

Post by LEFTHOOK »

petawawarace wrote:He is just upset because he can't catch any of the walleye....like most of us know, just because they don't bite your line, doesn't mean they arn't there...what a k-nob
Nice, as a matter of fact he did say he didn't catch anything :twisted:
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

slop wrote:
I may have asked him if he releases all the walleye he catches....maybe he should kill all those Walleye cause their eating all my Perch...<sigh>

GENIUS!