Holy Low Water

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
xRED
Participant
Participant

Holy Low Water

Post by xRED »

Well water is gettin real low at petrie.
Hopefully they are gonna open a damn and let some water in
cant go any where.

Might have to pull er for a while before I am stuck in da mud.

rain baby rain
Hollywood
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hollywood »

No kidding. I Went to fish at Bates island today for the first time ever. All I could see was rocks. I found one spot on the west side of the bridge that allowed access to deeper water from shore and was able to catch one smally in an eddie, but the opportunities to cast were pretty slim. Contrary to that I was in Stonecliff on the weekend, above the Swisha dam, and the water levels there are the same as any other year.
Fishing is a heritage we need to teach. Take a kid fishing! And take me too while you're at it.
PerchPredator
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PerchPredator »

I went fishing at Petrie on the weekend and it was easily the lowest I've seen it.

I went fishing there on May 24 weekend (amoung many other times) and
I'd say the water was at least 2 feet higher than it is now.

If it gets much lower I'll be scratching it off the shore fishing list.
AngryBeaver71
Participant
Participant

Post by AngryBeaver71 »

It is really low at Petrie now :cry:

I also decided to pull my boat from my slip because I was getting afraid I might get stuck in the mud. I know that when I put it in, and turned on the FF, the depth of the water in the small bay docking area was 5.4 ft, when I took it out yesterday the FF red 3.5 ft

:roll:

Oh well, hopefully the river levels will rebound somewhat for next season. We will need lots of snow and lots of early spring rains to help her back to her near normal levels.

Cheers.
Umm, excuse me, but where exactly am I going????? And, what am I doing in this handbasket?????
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Funny... this year everyone is talking about how low the water is... but there is plenty in my basement if anyone wants it.

@deester... hell in a handbasket...

Craig
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

water's normal again. Just from the disappearing stumps in OPP Bay I'm thinking the water rose about 2 feet between Wednesday and Thursday. Petrie should be cool too. Not a whole lot of shoreline showing at the bottom of the cliff. Back bays are DIRTY!! could barely see a spinnerbait 3" below the surface. Could mean super aggressive fish...could mean super blind fish.
Yannick Loranger
Owner and Head Guide
Ottawa River Guided Fishing
http://www.OttawaRiverFishing.ca
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

fisherguy33 wrote:water's normal again. Just from the disappearing stumps in OPP Bay I'm thinking the water rose about 2 feet between Wednesday and Thursday. Petrie should be cool too. Not a whole lot of shoreline showing at the bottom of the cliff. Back bays are DIRTY!! could barely see a spinnerbait 3" below the surface. Could mean super aggressive fish...could mean super blind fish.
water rose about 2 feet between Wednesday and Thursday???????????????

What part of the Ottawa River are you on??????? :? :? ....it may have gone up 3 inches if that on this stretch between Chats Falls and Britannia 8) :lol:
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

What part of the Ottawa River are you on??????? Confused Confused ....it may have gone up 3 inches if that on this stretch between Chats Falls and Britannia Cool Laughing
We have it all stored over on the Quebec side. All in our backward pools! 8) :wink:
A Fish a Day, will keep the Blues away!
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

dalhousie lake

Post by dead_weight »

We just got back from a week at Dalhousie lake and it was really low .. we walked way out and it was still around our waist ... weeds are also growing pretty fast in this heat .. coupled with the low water it's a bit of a mess for swimming ... BUT tons of fish ... all panfish size for the kids ... they had a ball ... caught a few larger perch but not enough for a decent feed ... but yeah really low water. I won't complain shoveling snow this winter ...
Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lvace »

just got back from petrie and the water level has risen a bit from last week but it could still be a bit higher.
xRED
Participant
Participant

Post by xRED »

well was down there 2 day and its up a bit
think i will try to get out tomorrow hopefully
over 1.5ft at mouth of shallow side.

anyone know of any decent marinas on st lawrence between
Cornwall and Morisburg think i might try change of scenery next season
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Water's up about 4 inches here in gatineau. I walked by the marina earlier.
|Dore|