Walleye Fishing Trip

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
PerchPredator
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Walleye Fishing Trip

Post by PerchPredator »

Marcthefisherman and I went out early Saturday morning to try and hook up some Walleye. The seas were mighty angry and the threat of nasty weather was present all day, but the risks were worth taking.

Marc, being the great fishing buddy that he is, was hoping for me to get my first walleye as much as I was.

A little bit into the trip Marc hooked one

Happy with his catch, but disapointed that I wasn't the one that hooked it we continued our search.

Then Marc hooks up another.

The few times we have gone out for walleye had yeilded no results so I was happy to see Marc bringing in some eyes. He, however, cursed the fish gods. "Bring Mike his first walleye" he muttered as he threw this guy back.

I lit up a cigarette, and relaxed. Then it happened. Rod went taught, smoke was put out (not in the water) and I reeled er in.

Success! My first Walleye.

I was ecstatic! Marc shook my hand in congratulations and I scratched one more thing off my list. Since it was my first it was a new PB. 16 inches :)

One more for me almost right after the first

And one more for Marc

All in all we caught 7 walleye and one little OOS bass before the rain forced us to shore. A great day as far as I'm concerned.

I'd also like to wish Marc good luck with his newborn on the way. I'm going back to my hometown for the next few weekends and by the time I get back his wife will be just about ready to have the baby.

So marc, if I don't see ya for a bit good luck man, enjoy your new bundle of joy and thanks for the walleye bud :wink:

Cheers,

PP
Trisomy21
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Trisomy21 »

Yeah it was a windy one! I'm kind of mad at the weather man though, didn't rain a drop here and their forecast totally ruined my fishing trip lol
looks like you had fun though!
PerchPredator
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PerchPredator »

It was good times and the rain didn't come until we were almost done anyhow. I got absolutely soaked though. Marc was well prepared....I need better rain gear :oops:
MTF
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MTF »

Great report bud, It was my pleasure and an honour getting you on to your first walleye, but now you know where they live and how to catch'em

Have a great time in guelph and give those southern bass hell
Wishing I was fishing
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

Well done fella's! It's fun catching those elusive walleye!

E
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

Well done!!

Thanks for the report and pics.

Rain gear........that's like toilet paper........never leave home without it :wink:

DS
Excessive compulsive dropshot fisherman