Evening On the Ottawa

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Evening On the Ottawa

Post by moonshine »

My wife and I went fishing on the Ottawa River last night. My wife, who is from England, has never caught a fish before. She used to always just bring a book and read while sitting in the front of the boat. This year I suggested she get a fishing license. Well last night was a huge success. She caught the first walleye, which was a keeper. We landed well over a dozen, while keeping 3 to eat. Her first catch was the biggest of the evening and her first ever fish. Guess where we are going tonite. Yep, back on the water. I doubt she will be bringing a book.
MTF
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MTF »

Awesome, I would love if my wife would come out fishing "sometimes" but she gets bored in about an hour cathing fish or not. Did you take any pictures? Just be careful she dosen't start out fishing you now :P :lol:
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

I did take pictures but we used her camera and i haven't yet downloaded to my computer. She wants to show them off first. lol
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

Very cool! Always good when you can get the wife on some fish. I'll bet she's hooked now.

Good luck tonight.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Good stuff moonshine!

Don't they have good pike in the U.K.?

Craig
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

Actually they do have good pike there but the lakes are mostly private.
CDF
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CDF »

Hey...I'm in the same boat... :wink:

My wife is English (from England) and does the same thing...book, sun and a cup of tea (yes brings a thermos of hot tea on the boat...even in the summer :shock: )

I think if I can get her to hook into a fish... things would change.

Where abouts on the Ottawa are were you fishing if you don't mind me asking. I'm thinking of lauching out of Buckham's bay tomorrow morning...weekend looks to be good.
tx,
Cman
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

I usually launch at Pembroke and go up river towards Petawawa. We went again tonite but the bite was a little slow. But still a good night. Good Luck on the water and try putting a rod in her hands.