Spring Time

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Spring Time

Post by DropShotr »

High Noon wrote: My question is this. When do you start getting your gear ready for spring?
Right after I tie the tarp arround the boat for the winter. :wink:

It's time to get the bag back in order after a summer of fishing. I take stock of what worked, what didn't work, what needs to be re-ordered and what doesn't.

Over the course of the winter I decide what direction my fishing style is going and decide if any tackle adjustments are needed.

DS
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D I start by sharpening my salmon spoons for April. Each pay I pick up some thing for the open water season and coming soon to Toronto they have the spring fishing show. :wink:
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

I start thinking of Spring once i'm done the ice fishing :)
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

SPRING!!!

OH IT CANNOT COME SOOOOOON ENOUGH!!!

JUST JONESIN TO BAG A GOBBLER, CATCH SOME EYE's......AND GO F'ING RIDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going ftarded just thinking about it!!!

We're now into Feb!!! Only 50 more sleeps of this BS!!!

YAY!!
bassman40
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Spring

Post by bassman40 »

I just spent 3 hours sharpening or repalceing all hooks on all my lures.
I've spent 2 hours stripping old line of the reels, cleaned the rods/reels and now making a list of what to stock up on for the comming season.
also made a list of things to do to the rig once my baby gets out of storage.
Researched and decided on which series and events to do. Even going over maps of the lakes announced in those series/events.
I've reseached related websites and am now going crossed eyed watching WFN. Got the "slap-chop" schpeel down pat! LOL

God I'm going crazy waiting for even a hint of spring! heh!

Hey Cprince - For Shimano products , send to Steve at Chemin du Peche in Montreal(sp?). Cost for shipping and approx $15/reel (cleaning/lube) so a tad more $$$ but the guy works magic. sorry can't find contact info at the moment for ya. I've standardized on Shimano product and only go to Steve.

Cheers,
Scott
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Spring

Post by curls »

bassman40 wrote:Iam now going crossed eyed watching WFN. Got the "slap-chop" schpeel down pat! LOL
Hahaha, that is too funny, because I know it to be true of myself as well.

Virgin 106.9 had a hilarious remix of bits from the Slap Chop commercial... had my in stitches (which wasn't good as I was trying to do some intricate engine work on my car at the time!).

As for spring preparation, I am taking 'inventory' in the coming days and making a list of stuff to invest in, replenish stock of, and divest myself of (crap that didn't work). This process usually starts about the time I finally freeze my fingers nearly off in fall fishing for late-season bass. The process really ramps up in mid-April before the Quinte opener!
Joey Rat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Spring coming soon, I hope

Post by Joey Rat »

I never really got things put away from last soft water season and I'm preparing for the next one. 8)

Tackle trays are spread around the ping pong table in the basement as I try to organize and fit everything into my new, rather large, tackle bag. Fat chance. :shock:

I think I may actually have some sort of tackle addiction. Reading new tackle and gear reviews gives me the shakes. The Ardent 700 flipping reel and new Stradic C14 both look sweet and I don't really need another reel or rod. Okay, maybe a flipping reel and the action on my Quantum spinning reel is getting loose. I can justify anything. :D

I'm due for a trip out to Reel to Reel as well and I'm thinking that a trip to Kingston next week will provide the opportunity to visit Bait Casters, Bennetts and Paddletales at the very least. I may even slide down to Gander Mountain if I remember my passport.

Planning for the spring trip is also becoming a priority. Perusing the "net" checking out lodges and camps.

I may also have to suck up to a cousin I've never really been that close to. I just found out he lives 10 minutes from Lake Norman, one of the premier bass lakes in North Carolina. Sad but I already decided that I have no shame if it gets me on the water sooner.

Bring on the soft water season.