Quinte - Oct. 23 - Walleye Report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Splake_Hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Quinte - Oct. 23 - Walleye Report

Post by Splake_Hunter »

Hello all,

4 of us had a cottage at Merland Park this weekend. Nice spot, a little pricy, but they take good care of you.

Saturday the 2 aluminum boats headed out to Adolphus Reach, we trolled from 7am to noon before coming in for lunch. The wind and rain were not too bad when we first headed out, and around 10am the weather completey shut off and the entire Reach was as calm as ever. About 5 minutes after the weather subsided, each of our boats landed a walleye within minutes of each other. 7lbs 10ozs and 8 lbs 1oz.

The Fish Catchers:

The Boat Drivers:

After lunch we headed out again planning on fishing til dark around Thompsons and Shermans. But with pretty strong winds blowing in late-afternoon, we headed in before it got to a point where our boats couldn't handle it. Safety first!

We had every intention of heading out again Sunday morning, but after an intense game of poker (playing for a lure picked from each of our tackle boxes - that I won I may add :wink: ) and a couple cases of beer, we didn't make it out Sunday.

Oh well, 2 good fish in about 6 hours of fishing turned out to be better than most groups at Merlands that weekend. So, I'd say we did pretty good for being Quinte rookies and not having the luxuries of many of the other boats we saw out and about.

Now I'll be shifting my focus to some big fall smallies and hopefully some splake for the next month. Stay tuned.
Superdad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Good report

Post by Superdad »

Good report - Too bad about the lack of Sunday fishing.....

It's funny, people have to run in for lunch and that time running in and running out eats into the fishing time.....

We have begun talking lunch with us (when we plan a full day) and we just keep fishing, it also saves fuel.

Jut an Opinion

David aka Superdad
Splake_Hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Splake_Hunter »

Hey Superdad,

I think I saw the SS Superdad out there Saturday morning, we were trolling in the same neck of the woods.

Trust me, I know what you mean about lunch, I was the only 1 out of the 4 of us who brought along some food and water. I was out numbered and forced to go in. Otherwise I woulda been out all day. And gas too! It is a bit of a tour in a tinny over rough water thats got an outboard pulling slightly right on you the whole way, gave my shoulder a work out. Guess the trim tab needs adjustment or something.

Oh well, Saturday morning went well for us, I shouldn't complain.
Bender
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bender »

Congrats on the fish, we were the cottage right beside you and saw those walleye come in to the dock.
And yes you did do much better than most if not all the cottages there, we were skunked which hasn't happened in years.

It looked like you guys were having a good ole game of poker going on that went well into the evening considering the lights were out at about 9 on Friday :D

Did you return the frying pan after we left? I'm down next weekend and it might come in handy.

Congrats again on the fish and the win.....

Brian
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

nice fish guys :)

pretty sure i saw the SS Superdad a few times on Sunday....out in long reach and then at the end of the day headed to the Desoronto ramp....was that MNR in the centre console boat near the ramp David??

Andy
Splake_Hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Splake_Hunter »

Hey Bender,

Haha, that's funny. Yep, the frying pan has been returned!

Good luck when you're down next!
tman12
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tman12 »

HUGE WALLEYE!!!!! :shock: :shock:
Great job!
keep the lines wet
ty 8)