WHAT'S THE WEIRDEST THING YOU HAVE CAUGHT FISHING??

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Fishboy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishboy »

.38 calibre revolver, loaded, in the Ottawa River under the Champlain Bridge. Actually, I was wading and I noticed it on the river bed. I picked it up with my net and brought it to the cop shop on Elgin St.
Time's fun when you're having flies.
Splake_Hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Splake_Hunter »

Probably the weirdest thing I've caught is another rod. But fishing with a buddy last summer for smallmouth in 30' of water, he hooked into a juvenile loon. He was jigging on bottom thought he had a huge smallie on, but when it came up and we realized it was a loon, I've never seen his eys bug out so big :shock:

We got the loon to the side of the boat, but it was going nuts and mommy and daddy loon were on there way over from the other side of the lake, so we cut the line. The hook was dangling on the corner of its beak with about a foot of line on it. That's the best we could do under the circumstances.
Geos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Geos »

Last edited by Geos on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Goulet
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Robert Goulet »

I snagged a catfish with a missing head once. Not sure why someone would cut the head off a fish and throw it back...now that I think of it, it could have lost a fight with a bigger nastier fish. Needless to say the jokes wrote themselves when I brought that one up.

Oh and to the guy that caught the "water moccassin" in Fitzroy, I am about 99% sure that it was only a run of the mill water snake. Water moccassins typically only live in the Southern US. Regardless of what it was, I would run screaming like a little girl...I'm deathly terrified of snakes.
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

king fisher wrote:Another rod :lol:
haha iv caught 3 so far this year under the bridge lol
thats all i can catch it seams like :oops:
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

weird catches...I WIN!!!

Post by Big Jim »

Hey Matt, was the condom used or in the package :shock: :lol:

Many moons ago I was fishing on the dock in Arnprior with a life long friend...Donnie Walsh from the Downchild Blues Band and I caught a Popeil Pocket Fisherman right in town...cool thing was...and I swear on my best friends grave...there was an 8lb walleye still on the line and we landed it...and let it go :shock: 8) NO GUFF.

BIG JIM

Oooop's...almost forgot, when we were kid's we caught a body on a Canadian Wiggler behind the Parliament Buildings... :shock: :shock: poor guy went in all the way up in Braeside in February on a snow machine.
Bass assassin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bass assassin »

muskymatt wrote:Ottawa river....condom :? :roll:
Please tell me you cut the line!!
TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TLunge »

Caught a good sized largie that was obviously in distress with a net at a marina dock that we thought had a large lure stuck in its mouth and was floundering/dying. Upon closer inspection it turned out to be a rock bass in the largies mouth with a little catfish hopelessly spiked into the rockies mouth........very strange, also caught a seagull on a large crazy crawler once
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Mr. J's line attached to the white bulldawg that managed the fish of the whole weekend, on a guys fishing trip.

You see J likes to sometimes retire lures that have been kind to him. Man was he friggin' pee pee when he snapped that line and lost his lucky lure that snagged that monster of the weekend.

SO pee pee...He stormed off back to the cabin, cursing like a sailor with no rum left, as a smoking thunderstorm rolled in.

2 Casts later and Placide and I just about died as I hand spooled the mess of line back and that torn up bulldawk surfaced.

I think there is actually a pic in existence of that shocked look on J's face as we presented him back his prized lure.

:shock: If you really want a bonus story, ask Mr. J or Placide to retell the story of the patio umbrella and the ensueing storm :shock: :!:

...or how well I got along with the owner... :lol:
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

Man that was funny :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

A horseshoe :lol:
ASK
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ASK »

Hahahahahha

It's Funny
Iceman
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Iceman »

Caught the ex between the eyes with a crankbait in a work fishing tournament, fishing from a canoe, they would not allow me to weigh her in :shock:
CRP_4321
Participant
Participant

Post by CRP_4321 »

A child's size mattress in the Jock River with a red devil.

A snapping Turtle in my minnow net.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

The weirdest thing....hmmmm

A bicycle in the Rideau river....maybe it belonged to Fishing-is-Healing?? :shock: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though the weirdest thing I ever caught has to be a boat.
I snagged up on it casting cranks....

I went over to retrieve/free my lure and I could see it was stuck on a submerged boat!